Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] David Gold - Lowly Brighton

SAC

May 21, 2014
I went to his house a few years ago, he has an annual open day for charity. When I got there, he was blowing the leaves off his golf course....with his helicopter. Utter c***

That's actually the first good thing I have heard about him!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He's correct though, isn't he? We're 17th in the table, so we are "lowly".

Why the preciousness?
Indeed.

And Fulham, West Brom and Sheffield Utd are even lowlier than us.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I went to his house a few years ago, he has an annual open day for charity. When I got there, he was blowing the leaves off his golf course....with his helicopter. Utter c***

That's exactly what most of us would do for the lols.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
1. It's factually accurate
2. I don't really give a **** what he thinks
3. Anyone who drives around Hurstpierpoint in a gold Rolls Royce is a probably a :wanker: anyway

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
More of a dig at Spurs than us?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
That's the sort of childish comment of someone who has no idea about football. As many of the hammers suggest,
he should get out of their club.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

I would hope anyone going round his house would be extremely careful to avoid touching anything

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Why the preciousness?

What's wrong with just 'lost to Brighton'? :shrug:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Think the choice of word is wrong and lowly doesn't really mean low in the table. Position in the definition is the only potential match but I doubt it means in the league.

humble in station, condition, or nature:
low in growth or position.
humble in attitude, behavior, or spirit; meek.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Why the preciousness?

Mmm it’s not a cool thing for a prem league owner to say though is it - this tweet in response, from a West Ham fan got 177 likes - it’s patronising and there’s no need for it. Not a major issue, but can see why he got pelters for it...

Replying to
[MENTION=1785]david[/MENTION]gold
‘Lowly Brighton’. Christ. Show some respect to a fellow premier league team! Do you forget that we were fighting relegation last season? That’s disrespectful and embarrassing. We are doing well on the pitch, don’t ruin it. #GSBOUT

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I have a team of 50 Chinese ladies dancing in Lingerie flying drones in formation over my Croquet lawn. Helicpters are Soooo last year.

I must admit, I don't use my chopper as much as I used to.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey

He lives close to me and credit where it's due, funds from him having an open garden he donates to local charities. He has also helped Whyteleafe Football Club financially and Ann Summers is probably the biggest employer in the area. He isn't really an "Utter c****.
If I had the money I'd love a golfcourse and helicopter in the back garden instead of a rotting shed and a lawn full of work turds.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I don't think it's being precious to be a bit insulted. "Lowly" to me implies a bit useless and hopeless with little to hope for the future which isn't true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here