Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Cameron ?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Yes from a economy perspective yes I'm getting you as its politics:facepalm:
So many low paid jobs=problems

So someone getting a job that wasn't before isn't a reward?

Government taxing less tax from your pay packet isn't a reward?

What do you want the government to do, employ a troupe of pressies and send them round and give you a blowie.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
its sickening he cannot do anything about peoples sky subscriptions. or that he just doesnt even care.

blimey, i have read it all now.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
So someone getting a job that wasn't before isn't a reward?

Government taxing less tax from your pay packet isn't a reward?

What do you want the government to do, employ a troupe of pressies and send them round and give you a blowie.
Tax free overtime would be a benefit :)
You're stating its based around unemployed people working in which I'm not basing it around that as I'm presuming that big statement was aimed at the millions that do work.

We'll soon find out what they will do if they get in again:thumbsup:

Thanks for your input:thumbsup:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
its sickening he cannot do anything about peoples sky subscriptions. or that he just doesnt even care.

blimey, i have read it all now.
You actually believe that as well lol
I was actually stating that the government have little power towards helping you in the rising cost of living that's all and was just asking what the reward would be for hardworking people if he gets in again etc.

Just a simple question that's all:facepalm:

Last edited:

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
Having previously voted Tory , today I just couldn't ! My position is that we as a family are worse off than we were 5-6 years ago financially, I am doing the same job living in the same house. We have had to make cuts to our life style just to stay solvent.
I know that in my area it probably means its a wasted vote, but I kind of feel better for it!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
More than taken away for most people, by the VAT increase at the beginning of this government.
20% VAT!!!!!!
This hits the hardworking people much harder than the wealthy. Which is why it's always the first hike the Tories make.
Never any discussion about dropping it back, now that the economy is supposedly thriving.

That's rubbish, there isn't 20% vat on food and energy, and the 4 grand increase in personal allowance has put more of your earnings and especially the poorest in pockets.

It's a fact unemployment rises under labour as it did last time, they have no idea in how to set the conditions to increase the private sector, which increases jobs, reduces unemployment and lifts many out of a poverty. Its the productive part of business and job creation that adds most in tax revenue, but Labour see it as nothing more than something to fleece.

Coupled with high taxes, and massive borrowing it always ends one way. They destroy the money making machine that funds public sector and provides employment.

2 1/2p extra in VAT to try and pay down the largest deficit in western world in 2010 created by the labour party, is not as much of a crime as the labour party has done in dumping millions on the dole from their shear incompetence. From 97-04 they stuck to all the conservatives economic plans rigidly and the country boomed, then brown thought he could change the economic rules, which he kept doing to compensate for massive borrowing and missing all his economic targets, it then.started to unravel.

Party of working people my arse.... If you believe their lying propaganda more fool you.

The definition of insanity is trying the same things over and expecting a different result. If that clown and his false prophet chancellor get in, debt and debt interest will go up, unemployment will go up, growth will stall, back to 2010 we'll go and another economic disaster (the thing that most effects the Poorest) will be imminent. The real nasty party are the ones who leave a legacy of financial ruin that costs jobs, adds 1000's of future debt tó be paid by your kids and then leaves it to the competent to fix whilst sniping they don't fix it quickly enough.

Last edited:

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
He likes his pasties. He gets them from that shop on Imaginary Street, Pretendville.

"We're all in it together!" :facepalm:

Disingenuous Prick. :tosser:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Fastest growing economy in Europe, more jobs created & more people in full time employment in the UK than at any other time. Can't think why anyone other than welfare sponges could vote elsewhere

Because we have a soul? Increasing the class divide, creating poverty on our doorsteps, selling off the NHS on the cheap, cutting spending on welfare whilst protecting cooperations, debt higher than any labour government in history and 3bn worth of tax cuts for the top 1%. Can't think of any reason anyone would vote for that if they weren't in the top 1%.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
More than taken away for most people, by the VAT increase at the beginning of this government.
20% VAT!!!!!!
This hits the hardworking people much harder than the wealthy. Which is why it's always the first hike the Tories make.
Never any discussion about dropping it back, now that the economy is supposedly thriving.

fair point the VAT cancels out some of the tax allowance. but why do people regurgitate this idea on the impact of VAT without thinking for themselves? as an exercise, work out how much someone on say 10k, 26k and 50k will pay in VAT each year. if you like you can do it in cash terms and as a proportion of their dispoable income.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I was actually stating that the government have little power towards helping you in the rising cost of living that's all and was just asking what the reward would be for hardworking people if he gets in again etc.

Just a simple question that's all:facepalm:

why didnt you make that point then, and make it all political? to be fair, put like that you're quite right, the government cant do much about living costs, much of which are through choice.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Fastest growing economy in Europe, more jobs created & more people in full time employment in the UK than at any other time. Can't think why anyone other than welfare sponges could vote elsewhere

The British economy has never grown as fast at any point during the past five years as it was growing under the Gordon Brown Labour government. But then facts were never a Tory strong point.

I doubt if anyone will read either of the following, but here they are anyway.

http://benjaminstudebaker.com/2015/05/02/britain-for-the-love-of-god-please-stop-david-cameron/

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ramesh-patel/growth-cameron-austerity_b_2007552.html

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Because we have a soul? Increasing the class divide, creating poverty on our doorsteps, selling off the NHS on the cheap, cutting spending on welfare whilst protecting cooperations, debt higher than any labour government in history and 3bn worth of tax cuts for the top 1%. Can't think of any reason anyone would vote for that if they weren't in the top 1%.

And another one who swallows the bull.

The class divide has increased? where? in the Mirror or Guardian? or because Labour said its so? in true Labour class warfare rhetoric....... the inequality gap has actually shrunk, it was bigger under labour, maybe in large part to getting so many people into work.

Selling off the NHS? now that is the most fantastical rouse.... 6% of the NHS in privatised, who first privatised the NHS?.... oh please do tell? yes it was they who privatised the first 5%..... it is a shame and wrong that 1% more was privatised under Con/Lib, but it is the most blantant act of deceit and hypocrisy for the party who first privatised 5% to acuse the party who later privatised 1% of selling off the NHS.

Cutting welfare is not just cutting welfare payments to the most vunerable (though thats the line in the Guardian) getting 2 million off the dole and into work cuts the welfare budget it increases tax revenue for public services and it should always always pay to work rather. Choosing to live a life on benefits has been the choice of far to many for far to long and its just to easy for those that cant be arsed to work to no have to do so.
Benefits are meant to be a safety net for the genuine sick and disabled and to catch those working people if they fall, allowing them time to get back on their feet and back on the ladder, the'yre not a lifestyle choice for those who know how to play the system. I know as my own brother for ages said "its simply not worth working" when before he was getting such generous welfare to sit on his arse.... he's now working. 75% of the country agree with welfare reform.

Of course the debt is higher... when you inherit a 160 billion deficit, every year the debt will increase by at least 160 billion, because you spend 160 billion more than you earn.... its not rocket science. halving the deficit means we're only going into debt by half as much as we did in 2010. its now just 80 billion of deficit a year we're paying interest on to foreign investors in UK debt rather than the NHS or schools, cheers Labour.
The national debt and debt interest payments will always rise until the deficit is cleared and we live within what we earn, then and only then can the debt fall. its basic economics.

tax cuts for the top 1%? most economists believe that 45p brings in more than 50p and generates more spending which in turn adds VAT to the state. But what of Labours 13 years before, it was 40% for most of that time, they only put it to 50p when the economy crashed, so millionaires payed much less under Labour than now. So did Labour offer a tax cut for millionaires, bankers and the super rich or did the Tories increase Taxes on the top 1%?? But you dont mention that?? i wonder why. Fact is that upper tax rate is purely ideological, higher tax rate does not bring in more money, it loses money for schools and hospitals.... it just satisifies a craving in class warriers to bash high earners (of which I'm not), and actually does more harm to the economy than good...which in turn affects the poorest more than the Rich

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The British economy has never grown as fast at any point during the past five years as it was growing under the Gordon Brown Labour government. But then facts were never a Tory strong point.

http://benjaminstudebaker.com/2015/05/02/britain-for-the-love-of-god-please-stop-david-cameron/

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ramesh-patel/growth-cameron-austerity_b_2007552.html
Cant argue with that was making shit loads under Gordon everyone just seems to be skint these days, unless he means you lot are in it together your all skint.

Jan 30, 2008
Cameron States many times he wants to "reward hardworking people" and how I ask?
He can't reduce energy bills
He can't reduce your council tax
He can't get you a pay rise
He can't reduce your rent or mortgage
He can't reduce your sky subscription
He can't reduce the cost of running a car

He can reduce your tax,but we all know that is a big fat NO NO:facepalm:
Just how are hardworking people goner get rewarded FFS???
by voting UKIP and getting rid of cheap labour from abroad
regards
DR

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The British economy has never grown as fast at any point during the past five years as it was growing under the Gordon Brown Labour government.
Can you post your figures for that please, as I believe the highest growth since Brown was in power was the 2nd quarter of 2010, and the current government were in power for some of that.

The biggest fall in our economy is more clear cut. Under Brown we got passed a 2% fall in GDP, the current government haven't even managed a fall of 0.5%. But then facts were never a Labour strong point.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

what a load of twisted claptrap......... the 4 very simple reasons why the UK economy grew (with personal debt) aka "boomed under Brown" in Browns first 7 years.

1) Labour inherited a sound economy in 97
2) Brown stuck to all of the Tories economic plans until 2004
3) The same period saw some of the largest ever % increases in property prices
4) Housing equity drove cheap personal debt exponentially (which is not real growth)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here