Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Burke

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I do think you have to look at that list a little closer and ask the question was it Burke who drove the club to bring in these players or the manager?

Under the two Burke/Poyet window's we signed

DOBBIE Summer 2012
BRIDGE Summer 2012
CROFTS Summer 2012
DICKENSON Summer 2012
KUSZCZAK Summer 2012
LOPEZ Summer 2012
ORLANDI Summer 2012
SALTER Summer 2012
INCE January 2013
MAKSMENKO January 2013
UPSON January 2013
ULLOA January 2013

Under the two Burke/Garcia windows we have signed so far
ANDREWS Summer 2013
AGUSTIEN Summer 2013
CHICKSON Summer 2013
WARD Summer 2013
CONWAY Loan Window 2013
LITA Loan Window 2013
OBIKA January 2014
MONAKANA January 2014

My perception is that Burke is having a greater say under the Oscar management than when Gus was here.

We were building a squad for the championship under Gus whereas now, we have one that just needs to be added to occasionally, is how I would perceive that.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
How is it exceedingly patronising? I simply asked him whether he got from the show the answers he'd have wanted to have known; whether he enjoyed it.
u
If anything, your post is far more patronising, insinuating there are questiond we wouldn't ask. Just because we didn't doesn't mean we wouldn't.

You wouldn't have asked it because it wasn't a hot topic then. Nobody was aware then of Barnes' position. Maybe (as 14th eye has said) it will be asked next time

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ok I think that's a fair comment, so I would ask you the question do you think the signings that have come to the club post Gus are better or worse?

The question is not so much are this group of players than that group of players Do they Strengthen the Squad and who did they replace.

Ward is an ever present this season. Replacing Bridge (who is injured and barely played for Reading) and part of nearly the best defence in the Champ. So yes.

Conway - started slowly but had a great few months. (up there with Buckley/Lopez/Orlandi in terms of performance) so yes.

Andrews - Solid . Certainly good replacement for Dean Hammond. Obviously useful given Bridcutt injury/drama.

Agustien - Still best to come . But obviously good replacement for Gary Dicker (effectively his replacement).

Lita/Obika - are emergency striker loans and have barely played due to the form of others - so hard to compare like with like but compared to Gus's run of forwards (Vokes, Painter) in early 2011 then equal.

Chicksen replaced Marcus Painting. I'd argue better and a good prospect.

so. yes.

And its too early to see how things will pan out for this transfer window. Lets have another look in 7 days time.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I do think you have to look at that list a little closer and ask the question was it Burke who drove the club to bring in these players or the manager?

Under the two Burke/Poyet window's we signed

DOBBIE Summer 2012
BRIDGE Summer 2012
CROFTS Summer 2012
DICKENSON Summer 2012
KUSZCZAK Summer 2012
LOPEZ Summer 2012
ORLANDI Summer 2012
SALTER Summer 2012
INCE January 2013
MAKSMENKO January 2013
UPSON January 2013
ULLOA January 2013

Under the two Burke/Garcia windows we have signed so far
ANDREWS Summer 2013
AGUSTIEN Summer 2013
CHICKSON Summer 2013
WARD Summer 2013
CONWAY Loan Window 2013
LITA Loan Window 2013
OBIKA January 2014
MONAKANA January 2014

My perception is that Burke is having a greater say under the Oscar management than when Gus was here.

Agree.. And for me this is very disappointing I was really looking forward to Oscar own type of players coming in at some stage but so far nothing :(

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The question is not so much are this group of players than that group of players Do they Strengthen the Squad and who did they replace.

Ward is an ever present this season. Replacing Bridge (who is injured and barely played for Reading) and part of nearly the best defence in the Champ. So yes.

Conway - started slowly but had a great few months. (up there with Buckley/Lopez/Orlandi in terms of performance) so yes.

Andrews - Solid . Certainly good replacement for Dean Hammond. Obviously useful given Bridcutt injury/drama.

Agustien - Still best to come . But obviously good replacement for Gary Dicker (effectively his replacement).

Lita/Obika - are emergency striker loans and have barely played due to the form of others - so hard to compare like with like but compared to Gus's run of forwards (Vokes, Painter) in early 2011 then equal.

Chicksen replaced Marcus Painting. I'd argue better and a good prospect.

so. yes.

And its too early to see how things will pan out for this transfer window. Lets have another look in 7 days time.

Would agree with all of this, but it might upset the doom-mongers.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Seemed a reasonable question, in the circumstances. It seems the OP is asking an open question, rather than leading a witch hunt.

I expect the stake burners and pond dunkers to be along shortly though.

Would that be the pond in Falmer village? It would make interesting pre-match entertainment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here