Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Bowie - Blackstar

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Sounds awful to me, but there we go.

One of those tracks that a certain kind of person probably feels they have to like though.

Tell me more about this certain type of person. Genuinely intrigued about your insight.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Bowie is one of those artists who is now beyond rational artistic judgement, I think. The scope of his creativity, over such a long career, is unbelievable. This didn't really do anything much for me, but for a 68 year old (?) to produce something as creative as this, 46 years after he first scaled the heights with Space Oddity, is tremendous. So many peaks, and when you reach those heights anything that doesn't measure up might sound poor.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Bowie has always blurred the line between genius and embarrassing, pretentious toss.

I think the man is a genius and will always be prepared to cut him some slack. This one, for me though, is on the other side of that line.

As another poster has said, it is amazing that at 68 years old and with the career that he has had, that he still has the creative hunger within him.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Not for me I'm afraid. The 70's stuff will never be beaten. Also went off him when he was the only 'star' not to appear at the 2012 Olympics to sing Hero.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not for me I'm afraid. The 70's stuff will never be beaten. Also went off him when he was the only 'star' not to appear at the 2012 Olympics to sing Hero.

He had a major health scare around then which was probably why there was a no show

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Quite Nice. The first part, anyway. Off to see Ullrich Schnauss in Oxford in a few weeks. That WILL be special :)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Had a few reds, got a bit stoned and me and my Brother had a bit of a Bowie night last night,
Including Blackstar. Listening to it on context with his older albums and being a bit high did the job. I now like it.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Interesting piece in the paper the other day, perhaps he still has a perchance for taste and what he wants control of

http://www.theguardian.com/film/201...grieving-after-david-bowie-says-no-to-musical

followed up by this

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/10/danny-boyle-bowie-biopic-musical

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here