Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Bellotti

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
In the pre-internet days, it was one of the few ways you could get information from, and about, the club. Horrendously expensive but it was that or nothing for lots of fans.

Completely forgot about The Seagull Line. Memories!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Utter hatred for that excuse of a human being , gladly dance on his grave when the time comes. Scum.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I'm glad I haven't got a cat I wouldve kicked the poor thing after reading that! Slimey f###wit wherever he is I hope he is miserable!!

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
gobananas-timgander.jpg

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Those programme notes come from the game against Reading on 20th November.

Although we NOW know what happened (obviously), at the time, it was seen as good news. We had just managed to survive a winding up order and there were encouraging signs from the new regime. As it says in Tim Carder & Roger Harris' book: 'They promised a sound financial strategy, better communication with fans and a resolution of the ground problems, apparently abandoning (Barry) Lloyd's plan for a move to the Cement Works site'.

As I scan the programmes, I'll post his notes and we'll see it all unravel!!

I do remember seeing Bellotti chatting happily with fans at the back of the North Stand around that time.

I think a clue as to what was to come, was his early plan to replace GOSBTS as the tune the players ran out to.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Shame I don't have time to call on this piece of scum in Bath en route to Ashton gate tomorrow.

Not that I know precisely which stone he is hiding under these days.

NEVER EVER FORGIVE OR FORGET

I just googled his name. Within seconds you find a page stating his address amazed at how simple it was. Now to do absolutely nothing with it.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I just googled his name. Within seconds you find a page stating his address amazed at how simple it was. Now to do absolutely nothing with it.

Well fortunately I'm not driving back via Bath, nor anywhere near Kipling Avenue, late tomorrow night.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Bollocks, I was hopeful of bad news when I saw the thread.

Anyone know how you get a champagne cork back in the bottle?

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
In the pre-internet days, it was one of the few ways you could get information from, and about, the club. Horrendously expensive but it was that or nothing for lots of fans.

I called the seagull line one night after coming home from the pub pissed and promptly fell asleep without properly putting the handset down. I got the mother of all bollockings when my dad got the phone bill through! Oooooops.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I remember having a pleasant chat with him in the North Stand not long after he was appointed. If only I'd known....

Hindsight is an exact science and who here can put their hand on their heart and say that they knew from the start what the outcome of the Archer/Bellotti axis would be. I even voted for Bellotti in the Euro election around that time due to the Albion connection.

On completely different tack I am sure the Seagull Line was a normal rate one in the early days. Incredible to think that it was the accepted way of getting up to date info in them thar days! Does anyone recall whey it actually ceased?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Honest Club News should have read:

My two rich employers are secretly planning to sell the 90 year old spiritual home of your beloved club, making a mega personal windfall via a parallel land deal in Sunderland.

Just shows that we live in a civilised country, and/or Albion fans don't contain the sort of fanatics that might support other clubs.
If Archer and Bellotti, or similar, had done this to a club like Celtic, Everton, Millwall (for example) ... they would always be looking over their shoulders.

Don't contain the same sort of fanatics other clubs have?! My God u have a VIVID IMAGINATION!

I think you'll find they were constantly looking over their shoulders and got a LOT of shit.. Have u read build a bonfire? Are you a new fan?

Dandyman

In London village.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here