Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Bellotti

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I know Belloti and Archer had nothing to do with Falmer. However, if they hadn't have sold of the Goldstone, maybe Brighton would still sill be playing at that run down ground today.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
From Hull City 12 Feb 94

All very bland

Page_0003.jpg

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I know Belloti and Archer had nothing to do with Falmer. However, if they hadn't have sold of the Goldstone, maybe Brighton would still sill be playing at that run down ground today.

You have a point. However if those two(and lets not forget Greg Stanley and in all fairness the board before them) had not have bled the club and the Goldstone dry and let it run into disrepair then i think it's likely that we would be now in the Premier League or at least flirted with it.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
erm prime real estate worth over £25 million in the early 90's we could have funded the AMEX a long long time ago and had Gus as Player Manager, IF we had been run properly and not by a bunch of crooks.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Does anyone remember Bellotti's April Fools' joke about the club selling the Goldstone and playing their home games in Dieppe?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Does anyone remember Bellotti's April Fools' joke about the club selling the Goldstone and playing their home games in Dieppe?

No. Maybe we would have been known today as Le Albion. Celtic and Rangers still cant get in the English leagues, they would have been annoyed.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

It's mentioned in the 'Update '94' supplement to Tim Carder's book. He (Bellotti) went on Southern FM to announce the idea that, because of a lack of local sites, we were going to build in Dieppe.

No mention of the reaction he got.........

He does mention it in his programme notes for the game v Orient on 6th April - i'll post them as I get round to it.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

Maybe...
But they wanted the ground for Profit. They didnt care what happened to us afterwards. Just resale profit, was all they cared about. So the Amex is a by product of that. But there is nothing to say it still would not have happened eventually.
Basic fact is Bellotti and Archer tried to sell the club for profit. Ebveythimg else that came from that is from hard work and dedication.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Maybe...
But they wanted the ground for Profit. They didnt care what happened to us afterwards. Just resale profit, was all they cared about. So the Amex is a by product of that. But there is nothing to say it still would not have happened eventually.
Basic fact is Bellotti and Archer tried to sell the club for profit. Ebveythimg else that came from that is from hard work and dedication.

Archer and Stanley or their company, did allegedly make a vast profit, from a linked land deal.

As if being multi millionaires from DIY wasn't enough. Greed and no morals/ethics. Scum.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Hee hee
The Seagull Line Brighton 8049 that brings back memories of my Mum bollocking me for ringing up an enormous phone bill once !! Ha ha ha ha !!:albion2:

(Please no jokes about other premium rate lines I had my under the mattress stash for that like every self respecting young lad did !)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Those last club notes show we have signed Paul Dickov on loan from Arsenal. I remember his spell with us. Good player.
Dickov and Flatts up front.

If one stood on the shoulders of the other, they could look Ulloa in the eye.

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton
He was a Lib Dem BTW, a sign of things to come in many ways, look at the mess Clegg and his cohorts have unleashed on us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here