Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Beckham

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
Watched Beckham play in a friendly last night for the LA Galaxy against Melbourne Victory from the A-league. The quality and range of his passing was absolutely superb. Plus he came within inches of scoring a repeat of his goal against Wimbledon from the halfway line. Even though he's 36 (or thereabouts), he could still play in any league in the world.

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
Just seen David Beckham play in Manila

he was a class above the rest here....

Sorry, I hadn't seen the original thread. Just goes to show there's some truth to that saying form is temporary but class is permanent though doesn't it. His game had it all last night...little through balls, chipped passes over the top, 40 yarders across the field on to a teammate's foot. Just an absolute pleasure to watch.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Sorry, I hadn't seen the original thread. Just goes to show there's some truth to that saying form is temporary but class is permanent though doesn't it. His game had it all last night...little through balls, chipped passes over the top, 40 yarders across the field on to a teammate's foot. Just an absolute pleasure to watch.

How long did he play for?

he strolled round for about 88 minutes all in all.

decided to go in the end, tickets were nearly double the cost of a normal league game, but am sure it was my last chance to see Beckham play in the flesh.

I agree with the OP, he does still have it, some of the crosses he put in were begging to have someone better on the end of them.

Robbie Keane didn't impress me, but then it was merely a glorified training session.

Far more important that Victory stayed fit and take 3 points from Adelaide on saturday

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I saw his game against the Philipines on Saturday and played well and scored a blinder. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsCR92-Q7Yk

However, one important fact about all three games - they were friendlies against weak opposition. Throw him into a full on Premier League game which is end to end with tackles flying in and I can't see him having anywhere near as much impact.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I saw his game against the Philipines on Saturday and played well and scored a blinder. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsCR92-Q7Yk

However, one important fact about all three games - they were friendlies against weak opposition. Throw him into a full on Premier League game which is end to end with tackles flying in and I can't see him having anywhere near as much impact.

3 P's in Philippines.

I had a Brighton shirt on and my wife had a Brighton pink shirt on.....I did not see any other \brighton shirts....lots of \Man u shirts, you should have comeand said Hi if you saw us

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Beckham always comes across as a genuine person ( not like his wife ) but as a footballer I think he was good but never a great. In my opinion 3 other players wore the number 7 shirt for Man U over the last 20 years who I think were better, Robson, Cantona and Ronaldo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here