Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Dave Myers - RIP

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
How sad. Wasn't a huge fan of the UK based programmes, but the travel ones were superb.

My favourite series is the sadly rarely repeated "Chicken and Egg"

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Very sad. loved the Hairy Bikers and thought Dave might be getting better when they did a new series, sadly not. Simple recipes, talking to good local people, interesting travel and a great chemistry between the two of them. Si will be devastated. RIP.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Very sad, only watched the episode of his return after his treatment a couple of weeks ago, was shocked as hadn't known of his illness, seemed so positive and grateful to those that cared for him.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
"All who knew Dave are devastated at his passing. His beloved wife brought him such happiness as did her children, Iza and Sergiu, who Dave loved like his own.

"Personally, I am not sure I can put into words on how I feel at the moment. My best friend is on a journey that, for now, I can't follow.

"I will miss him every day and the bond and friendship we shared over half a lifetime. I wish you God's speed brother; you are and will remain a beacon in this world. See you on the other side. Love ya."

That announcement from Si got me welling up :cry:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Blimey, we’ve just been out to buy ingredients for something we watched them cook last night. Genuine nice blokes. Wasn’t aware he’d gone downhill again. Sad news.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Really quite gutted about this. I'm watching the current (last) series, Go West, and whilst he looks like he's been unwell, I kind of thought he had come out of the other side.
Loved all the series the two of them made, and have all their cook books too, I wonder what Si can do now, he's a talented and funny presenter, and a decent cook too.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I don't like many cookery programmes but these two (along with Si King were a joy to watch.
Their recipes were simple to use as well.
I really enjoyed watching their obvious friendship. I’m not a foody at all, but liked their shows.

Fortunately I have not lost a close friend yet but having a bit of a family of wrong ‘uns, my friends are my family. I’ve lost family members and I have coped as we were not a particularly close family.

But thinking about losing friends makes me feel very sad.

And no age at all.

RIP
I don’t like cookery programmes either, but they were different. Genuine people who seemed to be able to connect with normal people wherever they were. Enormously human rather than the temperamental divas that some of them are.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not often I see a celebrity death and feel genuinely sad, but this one I do.

Saw the pair of them about 15 years ago at the Good Food Show at the NEC, just chatting to everyone and genuinely interested in talking to the producers / traders about their stuff. Seemed like top blokes.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I met the Hairy Bikers in London one Christmas and they were exactly as they are on tv -
genuine, decent, warm, witty people. I am very upset to hear the news about Dave.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Great enthusiasm for everything he did it seemed - a rarity, particularly among TV chefs who so often are more fond of themselves than anything else.
Love their shows and food.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Yep. This is a properly sad one. I had in my mind he was out of the woods as he was so positive on the last podcast I heard him on (looks to be Chris Moyles Radio X one back in November).

RIP. In the world of TV where I often think "yeah, just turn on the charm for the cameras" he seemed a genuinely good guy. That just shone through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here