Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dave Jones sacked.......................

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
on the cards ......especially as Swansea look like they might make it to the premiership
brace yourself ....why I don't think Gus would be interested in moving to a club with little ambition shown by sacking Jones

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
no gus is not going to go to Cardiff, next

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Maybe houlier will go there and Sven will go to villa.

Leicester will seek anceloti then west ham will be stuck

West ham will get warnock after he is sacked and 'ary red nap will go to qpr

That leaves our gus off to spurs.

We are doomed!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This was always going to happen. The Cardiff lads in my village all wanted him out, apparently finishing 4th two years running isn't good enough!

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I've always hated Cardiff City and the sacking of Dave Jones is ridiculous after what he's done for the club. Hope they get someone shit in and then they'd appreciate what a good job he did there.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
This was always going to happen. The Cardiff lads in my village all wanted him out, apparently finishing 4th two years running isn't good enough!

I agree El, it was on the cards really, everyone around the Bridgend area (which is very split in the support as its about 15 miles from either Swansea of Cardiff) were saying the same as soon as they lost against Reading.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I agree El, it was on the cards really, everyone around the Bridgend area (which is very split in the support as its about 15 miles from either Swansea of Cardiff) were saying the same as soon as they lost against Reading.

Madness isn't it. Its only a few (well 15) years since they were playing in front of 3000 crowds in the 4th division.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I suspect there's more to this that meets the eye. Seems the Cardiff are losing a lot of the players that took them to the play-offs, maybe they'll do a 'Swindon'. You wonder if Jones was sacked or walked though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Another joke decision. When will clubs learn that managerial stability is the key to success.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He had the squad last year and possibley this year to have gone up at least in second, I would think thats why he has gone.

sammy g

I am sure he wouldn't go to them, but my heart always skips a beat when any club with sizeable support and infrastructure are looking for a new manager. Although Cardiff do seem to be staggering towards some sort of financial blow out which would rule them out of any manager in the Gus level. The current incumbent at Leyton perhaps?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
But Jones gambled on getting in many Premiership loans on big wages, depsite a 30 million debt, and they've not gone up again. Have to say if I was the Cardiff board I would have done the same thing. With that squad, they should have gone up automatically. No way will Gus leave us for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here