Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dave Day's Bar at the Marina

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
We did the promotional literature for the Ebony Rooms when it opened.

He had something in there called the 'Two Ton Table'. It was semi-circular and seated 10 people. You booked it on the proviso you spent more than £200 while there. Doesn't sound that much now - we are talking about 15 years ago - but it was the first place (from memory) that charged three quid for a pint.

Dave's office was next door to ours at the Marina, and the walls were plasterboard thin. You could smell his pipe smoke, and hear the occasional rant through the walls.

Did the rant go something like - "They keep confusing me with Van Day for crying out loud! The only link between me and that mug is dollar!"

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Did the rant go something like - "They keep confusing me with Van Day for crying out loud! The only link between me and that mug is dollar!"

Some of his ranting was a bit Theresa Bizarre.

Jimmy Grimble

I'm not surprised if the prices were anything like what he charges for a pint in the Long Man. Used it as a pre-match watering hole a few times when were were at Withdean, but not for long.

Ridiculous.

And unsurprisingly (or surprisingly if you look at it the other way) it's apparently quite comfortably his most profitable pub.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here