Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Dave Courtney

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I met him at a charity event in the City of London in aid of some alms houses in South East London, in about 2016/2017. I didn’t have any idea who he was at the time, but he seemed to be someone who genuinely cared about the welfare of people who lived around him.

I know very little about his history to be honest, but on the one interaction I had with him, he seemed a decent bloke.
Worst Limmy impression EVER!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Quite sad really, he took his own life.
he obviously had demons and although did some evil things, a life’s a life, he meant something to people.
mental health people, mental health
he’s a brave man, I’ve thought about it…

Last edited:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Quite sad really, he took his own life.
he obviously had demons and although did some evil things, a life’s a life, he meant something to people.
mental health people, mental health
he’s a brave man, I’ve thought about it…

By the sound of that it was actually more of a physical health issue than a mental health issue which drove him to it.

Obviously the deterioration of his physical health affected his mental health but the main impetus appeared to be the deterioration of his physical health which he didnt want to live with as it was too much of a struggle.

Also as someone who had built his reputation on his "hard man" image it might also have been difficult for him to be seen to be getting physically weaķer and frailer and more vulnerable in other people's eyes, especially those of his "enemies".

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I recall him turning up to court once dressed as Jester

He was a Palace fan too?

I believe Courtney was used (at least in part) as inspiration for the character Miami Vice in the TV spin off of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels played by our own Ralph Brown.

Think he was a bit of a Walter Mitty, while no doubt a wrong-un as wikipedia and others have mentioned his gangland links and criminal activities seem to be somewhat embellished. His craving the limelight and being a so called celebrity gangster wouldn’t have won him many friends in that world.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
He was a Palace fan too?

I believe Courtney was used (at least in part) as inspiration for the character Miami Vice in the TV spin off of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels played by our own Ralph Brown.

Think he was a bit of a Walter Mitty, while no doubt a wrong-un as wikipedia and others have mentioned his gangland links and criminal activities seem to be somewhat embellished. His craving the limelight and being a so called celebrity gangster wouldn’t have won him many friends in that world.
You’ve just reminded me I bought the series DVD years ago as missed the final episode.

Obviously it’s had a lasting impression on me, but I’ll watch it this week!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here