Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Datro Fofana

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Obviously on Potter and Winstanlys radar after being spotted and looked at by us. Expect a couple more of our prospects to be stolen by the scummy lot and then our new prospects wont be on their radar so it'll drop off.

Dec 29, 2011
Obviously on Potter and Winstanlys radar after being spotted and looked at by us. Expect a couple more of our prospects to be stolen by the scummy lot and then our new prospects wont be on their radar so it'll drop off.
Actually, there is no way prospects will get the chance to develop at Chelsea like they would at Brighton. Once he gets no game time we can use him as an example of why you SHOULDN'T join Chelsea, similar to Salah, KDB, Zouma etc

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
To be fair to Naylor, Paul Barber said the same when he was on the Albion Roar pod a few weeks back, so I'm assuming Naylor is just towing the club line.
As per...oh anything that gets written in The Athletic. Barber might as well have his own column in the Athletic and cut out the middle man.

Hope this bloke flops for Chelsea but it's quite clear what's happened here. Thankfully we already got the Argentinian wonderkid over the line.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It's the Chelsea way though - go round mopping up all the talent you can, fatten them up for market and sell them on for a massive profit, retaining the best for yourself. Apart from the last bit, isn't this what we're now trying to do?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Strange move for the lad (as any move to Chelsea for a non established player would be).
Very much doubt we were the only club after him though, if he’s all that most clubs in the league would have been after him.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
So this guy's Chelsea career has gone the way most on here predicted.

If Chelsea do manage to sign Caicedo, I wouldn't be surprised to see him used as a makeweight in the deal.

He's still only 20 and is so much better than he's shown at Chelsea.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
So this guy's Chelsea career has gone the way most on here predicted.

If Chelsea do manage to sign Caicedo, I wouldn't be surprised to see him used as a makeweight in the deal.

He's still only 20 and is so much better than he's shown at Chelsea.

He’s on his way to Strasbourg on loan , the club Chelsea have just brought

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
The most annoying thing about this is that you just know he’ll be out on loan by August, probably for 2 or 3 years before signing for West Ham or the like.
I loathe Chelsea as much as many on here, but buying players and then loaning them out quite quickly is also something we've done quite a bit of!

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I loathe Chelsea as much as many on here, but buying players and then loaning them out quite quickly is also something we've done quite a bit of!
And in fairness, they are very good at it, probably the best certainly in England over the last 10-15 years when it comes to money made from academy products or appearances in first team

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
To expand on some general stuff above. I think Chelsea might make some mistakes buying teenagers from our wishlist. We look at players who will come into the first team and improve with gametime within our system. They aren’t magically, finished elite players else they won’t be accessible to us. Chelsea will dump 40 of these guys out on loan or in youth teams and they won’t develop the same way. A handful will but most will be ruined or slowed down. No guarantees their progress will pick up again aged 24 when they move on compared to if they did the same at 19. It’s also probably much harder to make a Chelsea matchday squad than our’s due to the sheer depth and the ‘big names and big investment in wages’ that a Chelsea first teamer has. That comes with pressure to play ahead of promising young players.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This player looked very good when coming on for Chelsea. Would love if we could try and get him again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here