Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] *** Das offizielle Deutschland gegen Republik Korea thead. ***

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It was still recklessly stupid and arrogant of Neuer to think he could go upfield and become a playmaker. By all means head into their box by that stage and try to create a bit of chaos. But actually taking up a position in midfield and trying to beat a man ? Do behave. What an absolute weapon.

I'd have never forgiven an England goalkeeper for doing that. He got exactly what he deserved.

I remember hearing nonsense about Neuer in the past that "he could play in midfield if he wanted. He's that good with his feet".

Nope.

I implore anyone to watch the minute where he runs up the pitch again. He runs around like a fool near the half way line for a bit, nowhere near the opposition box. It's truly bizarre.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd have never forgiven an England goalkeeper for doing that. He got exactly what he deserved.

Did you forgive Calmity James for his regular **** ups? What about Misses Robinson? Or Carse The Farce’s errors? :lolol:

Come on, he got what his actions deserved but I think you’re dwelling on his actions a bit too much.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did you forgive Calmity James for his regular **** ups? What about Misses Robinson? Or Carse The Farce’s errors? :lolol:

Come on, he got what his actions deserved but I think you’re dwelling on his actions a bit too much.

An incompetent, costly fumble in goal can happen to any keeper, and unfortunately for us, it has happened several times on the biggest stage. Thats part of the game though, keepers mistakes are usually costly.

Abandoning your goal to become an auxiliary No10 though ? Come on, thats not just incompetence. Thats also rank arrogance and crass stupidity A shame his International career has ended on that note, but he only has himself to blame.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
An incompetent, costly fumble in goal can happen to any keeper, and unfortunately for us, it has happened several times on the biggest stage. Thats part of the game though, keepers mistakes are usually costly.

Abandoning your goal to become an auxiliary No10 though ? Come on, thats not just incompetence. Thats also rank arrogance and crass stupidity A shame his International career has ended on that note, but he only has himself to blame.

As I say, I think you’re dwelling, and reading way too much, into a rash and desperate action. Let’s agree to disagree.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
What Neuer did was ridiculously stupid. They had about 3 minutes left at that point to score 2 goals. However unlikely that was, his actions cost them that chance. Trying to create something from midfield? Hilarious.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
fgfga.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here