Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daryl horgan and Richie Towell

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
No no no. We want argentine FLAIRNIACS not some bog hopping paddy with big ears and enormous feet.

SAKE.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
John Morling knows both of these players well, as they're pretty well known in the Irish game as Dundalk have won back-to-back league titles.

Remember Brian Lenihan? He was a player linked with us last summer, before joining Hull. The Irish connection was present here as well, except in this case, Lenihan was only 20 at the time, meaning that he could feature for the U21s (like he has done for Hull). Horgan, 23, and Towell, 24, would have to be over aged players if they were to join the club, as with respect to the lads, they're not going to walk into the first team.

With Towell linked to Bristol Rovers, I would say that this is more of a case of the Albion attempting to create some interest around the players, so Dundalk can get a bit of extra cash.

[TWEET]667403624218271744[/TWEET]

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
There was a lot of talk about Towell a while ago, but it dried up.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Scored a shed load of goals. Whatever level he's at he knows how to shoot.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We are going to have a great development squad as we need to produce some quality players if we go up and want to stay up.
It's part of TB FiveYear plan !plus.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Turning into a real soap story, but I guess Towell is a bit of a dish.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Just saw this tweet pop up...

[tweet]668738312283291648[/tweet]

Well that's weird as I think it was a Dundalk supporter replying to one of my tweets saying that Towell had just signed a new two year deal with them. So who knows!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-as-brighton-move-edging-closer-34224634.html

With his move to Brighton and Hove Albion expected to be finalised over the next 48 hours, Richie Towell has turned his sights towards becoming the Euro 2016 wild card of Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane.

The 24-year-old last week met the boss of joint-leaders Brighton, former Ireland defender Chris Hughton, at the club's training ground and, without revealing the club, admits a deal could have been struck before the weekend.

He's prepared to be patient but believes his future will be resolved before his girlfriend, Kelly Kirwan, gives birth to their first child in a fortnight.

"The clubs in for me now are very ambitious sides that are Premier League-ready," he admitted.

"It's just about trying to sort out the final things. I never rush into anything - I always like to have a look at every angle. Going to League One or League Two was never really an option for me.

"I want to go to improve my career; prove myself as a player and to be successful."

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Seems a bit early in the season to be throwing in the Towell.

:albion2:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Am I correct in thinking even if a deal is agreed he can't join until January 1st?

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-as-brighton-move-edging-closer-34224634.html

With his move to Brighton and Hove Albion expected to be finalised over the next 48 hours, Richie Towell has turned his sights towards becoming the Euro 2016 wild card of Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane.

The 24-year-old last week met the boss of joint-leaders Brighton, former Ireland defender Chris Hughton, at the club's training ground and, without revealing the club, admits a deal could have been struck before the weekend.

He's prepared to be patient but believes his future will be resolved before his girlfriend, Kelly Kirwan, gives birth to their first child in a fortnight.

"The clubs in for me now are very ambitious sides that are Premier League-ready," he admitted.

"It's just about trying to sort out the final things. I never rush into anything - I always like to have a look at every angle. Going to League One or League Two was never really an option for me.

"I want to go to improve my career; prove myself as a player and to be successful."

Would like to see the ceremony in which Paul Barber initiates new recruits by invoking the sacred mantra; "Premier League-ready, Premier League-ready, Premier League-ready". :mad::mad:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
He strikes the ball extremely well and seems to have a knack of arriving in the box at the right time. Could be a very shrewd signing.
Welcome to Brighton Dick Towell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here