Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

mike1901

May 12, 2017
The thing for me is, we very publicly made a big thing of we want £50 million for Ben White, that’s the price don’t mess us about. Benfica have told us what they want for him so really we should be either offering them the asking price or walking away.

Think you right, I know it’s not my money but let’s get it done 👍👍👍😀😀😀

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
The thing for me is, we very publicly made a big thing of we want £50 million for Ben White, that’s the price don’t mess us about. Benfica have told us what they want for him so really we should be either offering them the asking price or walking away.

That is of course assuming that benfica are in the same negotiating position as us. He was our best young prospect, he'd just been part of the Euros 2nd place squad, he'd had a great season,his nationality goes towards meeting PL quotas, thereby increasing the price and we have someone willing to bankroll virtually everything as well as PL money and are therefore not under financial pressure to sell.

None of those are true for the Núñez deal, as far as I'm aware. They may blink on the alleged €40M sticking point if we just persist. Hey, who knows, maybe they have and that's why we're hearing about it now again.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Is that true though? The club never commented on Ben White. Never mentioned a price. And still haven't

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I was going to say I was sure we had been very public in any valuation of Ben White. It's not the way Bloom operates

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
He chose Benfica over us a year ago, why are we bothering ?
Need to do something soon as Maupay could be out for a while and Andone off to Cadiz ?

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
As it stands we could be going into a game against Everton with Connolly as our only fit forward. It’s just a ridiculous position for a club with ambitions of the top 10 to be in.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Trossard, Mac Allister and Gross can all play up front.

The endless drone of dissatisfaction about the way the club is run and about our lack of strikers, decision making and lack of investment, particularly in that position is embarrassing, impatient and entitled.

We’re the envy of many other clubs in terms of long-term planning. Repeatedly, we’ve seen the cost of buying players who look right but aren’t. If anyone thinks our recruitment team aren’t working at full capacity all day, every day and haven’t done 100 times more research on players of interest than the keyboard warriors on here, they are certifiable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here