[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

The Standard link you posted doesn't even mention Benfica.

The first link you posted is dated July 14. This link, from two days later (and from Textor's own website) indicates Benfica's Board's decision to object to the sale of shares to him - UPDATE: July 16, 2021 - In response to the Board's decision to object to the purchase of SLBEN shares:

As far as I can tell, this issue hasn't been resolved (and he therefore doesn't have a stake in the club, at least currently). Today's article from the Independent would seem to corroborate that - Crystal Palace: American businessman John Textor acquires stake in club

Textor, who was close to buying shares in Benfica earlier this summer, ....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I like Connelly and Maupay as a pair.. what can I say...confidence is all they need

They are good players, not anywhere near as bad as some make out on here.

Sure I would like another, but I would not be in a hurry to get rid of either of these 2.

The other day I blindly stumbled into a theory I now quite like.

Both Connolly and Maupay want to be the Premier League Big Dog Alpha - but they just aren't.
Neither is Welbeck - obviously.

What they need is an Albion version of Zlatan (granted that bit is hardly rocket science) to stride butt naked into to Lancing, grab them by the throats and say:-

46829117.jpg

I reckon you'd get 15 goals each from them because no matter how hard they try they're just a couple of Scrappy-Doo's who need a double hard ******* uncle like Scooby.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
My theory is we don’t need another player, because they’re all waiting in the youth wings ready to go. Potter and the boys are just waiting for the great unveiling on Saturday. Ready to slot in and be the best thing since sliced bread.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
My theory is we don’t need another player, because they’re all waiting in the youth wings ready to go. Potter and the boys are just waiting for the great unveiling on Saturday. Ready to slot in and be the best thing since sliced bread.

You don't watch the U23's then?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
John textor, who owns 25% of Benfica has announced he is the new joint shareholder of palace and is investing heavily. He won’t loan him to us for the season will he ???

No because theyre skint and if Nunez leaves if will be for sale only.... besides, not sure he's the right type to latch onto endless long balls pumped up the field.

Nice job finding a mug with more money than sense, not surprised you had to look outside England, everyone within knows Palace are a Joke and a bunch of chancers who don't pay back what they borrow.

Any chance of even the slighest ground enhancements ever seeing the light of day from sugar daddy? or are you using your latest rich fool to help pay the mega wages at the retirement village?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
John textor, who owns 25% of Benfica has announced he is the new joint shareholder of palace and is investing heavily. He won’t loan him to us for the season will he ???

Textor, who failed with an attempt to purchase 25% of Benfica last month, will join his fellow American co-owners Josh Harris and David Blitzer and the chairman Steve Parish on Palace’s board, despite being understood to have initially hoped to buy the club outright.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...sell-875m-stake-to-us-businessman-john-textor

I think he has overpaid here, near £90M and Parish is still the major shareholder with 18%, maybe I have the maths wrong, but if he had bought 17% that would appear to be a £500M+ valuation on the club. I honestly would have thought £300M would be pushing it for Palace.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Textor, who failed with an attempt to purchase 25% of Benfica last month, will join his fellow American co-owners Josh Harris and David Blitzer and the chairman Steve Parish on Palace’s board, despite being understood to have initially hoped to buy the club outright.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...sell-875m-stake-to-us-businessman-john-textor

I think he has overpaid here, near £90M and Parish is still the major shareholder with 18%, maybe I have the maths wrong, but if he had bought 17% that would appear to be a £500M+ valuation on the club. I honestly would have thought £300M would be pushing it for Palace.

lol. Failed Benfica investor ends up at Selhurst.

300m is way over valued for a club desperately in need of multi million pound modernisation. Unless of Course Sainsburys want to build a car park and wouldnt baulk at the 300m bill!

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

He doesn't own any part of Benfica, it didn't go through.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

300m is way over valued for a club desperately in need of multi million pound modernisation. Unless of Course Sainsburys want to build a car park and wouldnt baulk at the 300m bill!

I can't imagine how they have persuaded him to sink that much in, and not get a bigger stake,

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

So by the same metric I also own 25% of Benfica.

I must admit I'm somewhat surprised by the news.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Benfica allegedly taking the p1ss. Redirect striker purchase efforts if they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
My SAUCE in Iberico , says this loser will keep kicking balls BADLY in the tinpot league he SINGED for originally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Classic Doogle :lol: trolls a thread she shouldn’t and ends up writing yet more untrue nonsense :lol: :ffsparr: What a BELLEND. :lol:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
And you've done a good job concentrating on the ones that don't work.

He clearly says "some will work and some won't".

But doesn't alter the fact that that is our recruitment strategy which you fail to see. Bizarrely.

There's a difference between having a strategy (which we have) and you not being able to see it.

So your saying the strategy is on point and the first teams ready to go for the season? What am I failing to see exactly even the managers saying it is what it is :shrug:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So your saying the strategy is on point and the first teams ready to go for the season? What am I failing to see exactly even the managers saying it is what it is :shrug:

[MENTION=990]Jim in the West[/MENTION] (post 1778) probably best sums up our strategy, but it's also fair to say that we don't get sucked into over-paying for any player, do our business in private, and are more likely to sign shortly after the season starts as that seems to be when the value appears.

Frustrating for us all right now, but I'm happy enough with it personally. It seems like a good long-term way to run recruitment side of the club and whilst we haven't really kicked on, we haven't looked in serious danger of relegation in any of our top flight seasons yet either. Even when we flirted with relegation (the last CH season and the season just gone), we've always looked to have a bit too much to stay ahead of the competition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports