Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Any Spanish speakers? New article about us in the local Almeira rag. Not a scooby what it says, 18 mill bid?

https://www.diariodealmeria.es/ud-almeria/Brighton-entra-puja-Darwin-almeria_0_1495350573.html

The bid for Darwin Núñez continues. To the offers already known so far, a new club is added: the Brighton. The English offer 18 million plus seven in variables, so if those objectives were met, it would approach the 25 that Benfica is willing to reach.

It's the second offer that comes from England, the Southampton was the one who opened the closure with an offer of about 12 million, half of what is being offered right now by the Uruguayan. The Brighton is somewhat more ambitious and trusts that its formula will serve to convince the technical secretariat. The Brighton is an old acquaintance of the Almería

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Any Spanish speakers? New article about us in the local Almeira rag. Not a scooby what it says, 18 mill bid?

https://www.diariodealmeria.es/ud-almeria/Brighton-entra-puja-Darwin-almeria_0_1495350573.html

Rough google translation :

The bid for Darwin Núñez continues. A new club has been added to the already known offers: Brighton. The English offer 18 million plus seven in variables, so if these objectives are met, it would be close to the 25 that Benfica is willing to reach.

It is the second offer that comes from England, Southampton was the one who opened the ban with an offer of about 12 million, half of what is currently being offered by the Uruguayan. Brighton is somewhat more ambitious and is confident that its formula will serve to convince the technical secretariat.

Brighton is an old acquaintance of the Almeria fans. In the 2012-13 season, he obtained the services of Leo Ulloa, Almería's top scorer last season. He took it in the winter market the campaign that the rojiblancos ended up going up to First with Javi Gracia.
Benfica is looking for more options

After not being able to get hold of Cavani, the Portuguese continue to look at the market for guarantee attackers. Their first option is Darwin, but they have also asked Madrid for Mariano and Sevilla for Carlos Fernández. In this way, although Almería has the upper hand, it cannot stretch the rope either if it does not want to lose one of the juiciest offers that it has in its hands right now.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

Brighton also enters the bid for Darwin
The English club offers 18 million plus seven in variables

Ramazani, another young handsome

Darwin celebrates 1-1 in Ponferrada.Darwin celebrates 1-1 in Ponferrada.
Darwin celebrates 1-1 in Ponferrada.

PABLO LAYNEZ
August 25, 2020 - 10: 38h
FACEBOOK TWITTER WHATSAPP
The bid for Darwin Núñez continues . A new club has been added to the already known offers: Brighton . The English offer 18 million plus seven in variables, so if these objectives are met, it would be close to the 25 that Benfica is willing to reach .

It is the second offer that comes from England, Southampton was the one who opened the ban with an offer of about 12 million , half of what is currently being offered by the Uruguayan. The Brighton was somewhat more ambitious and confident his serve formula to convince the technical secretariat.

The Brighton is an old acquaintance of Almeria fans. In the 2012-13 season, he obtained the services of Leo Ulloa , Almería's top scorer last season. He took it in the winter market the campaign that the rojiblancos ended up going up to First with Javi Gracia .

Benfica is looking for more options
After not being able to get hold of Cavani , the Portuguese continue to look at the market for guarantee attackers. Their first option is Darwin , but they have also asked Madrid for Mariano and Sevilla for Carlos Fernández . In this way, although Almería has the upper hand, it cannot stretch the rope either if it does not want to lose one of the juiciest offers that it has in its hands right now.

TAGS ud almería LaLiga 1 | 2 | 3

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Cheers fellas. I get the impression that paper is the Almeria equivalent of the Argus? Need an Owen confirmation. Very excited if true. Looks more credible than random twitter accounts.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
the best thing about that article for me is that benfica are looking at alternatives for him. tells me that they don't want to go too high for him, which could play to our advantage

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
the best thing about that article for me is that benfica are looking at alternatives for him. tells me that they don't want to go too high for him, which could play to our advantage

Tony the Lizard has joined the table.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
VERY exciting. Peter Ward, good spot. I was thinking the Darwin Nunez news had gone a bit cold.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
would like to think The Premier league would be a bigger pull than Benfica.

Us v Saints. That is a tough one to call.

It’s not tough for Almeria if reports are true as we’ve offered more than Stains. Hopefully Bruno on the case. Would love this one to come off

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It’s not tough for Almeria if reports are true as we’ve offered more than Stains. Hopefully Bruno on the case. Would love this one to come off

Agree that Bruno is the key but also, they know we are good to do business with, for example, not many foreign clubs would be keen on selling Cardiff a Striker.

I think Mac Allister could be a factor to. Uruguay to Argentina is essentially Scotland to England (although they don’t own it like we do). I think those two would strike up a great friendship and understanding on the pitch.

Let’s do this quickly so we can concentrate on the 2nd priority of LWB.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
another potuguese rag,under an hour ago

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2020-08-25/benfica-almeria-recusou-oferta-na-ordem-dos-15-m-por-darwin-nunez/858261

"ALMERÍA REFUSED AN OFFER OF € 15 M FOR DARWIN NÚÑEZ
BENFICA

Almería declined, on Monday, a proposal from Benfica by Darwin Núñez, A BOLA learned, on the same day that Brighton offered the Spaniards € 18 million, plus a bonus for the Uruguayan striker. Benfica's offer was lower than that of the English, in the order of € 15 million (plus bonuses), values ​​that Almería considers very insufficient to sell the 21-year-old.

The reds are interested in the striker, but are not willing to go beyond € 15 million, the same amount invested, for example, in Luca Waldschmidt, a German striker hired by Friborg.

Benfica coach Jorge Jesus is fond of the characteristics of the former Peñarol striker, who has scored 16 goals for Almería since November last year. Even before making the offer, Benfica was looking for alternatives to the Uruguayan, considering it is too expensive. Almería made it known that, for those values, does not negotiate the player."

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Agree that Bruno is the key but also, they know we are good to do business with, for example, not many foreign clubs would be keen on selling Cardiff a Striker.

I think Mac Allister could be a factor to. Uruguay to Argentina is essentially Scotland to England (although they don’t own it like we do). I think those two would strike up a great friendship and understanding on the pitch.

Let’s do this quickly so we can concentrate on the 2nd priority of LWB.

Great points..... but youre gonna get flamed by any jock Albion fans!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Are you serious? maybe 15 years ago, he's turning 37, he hasn't been at the top level for more than 6 years, lots of loans....well past it.

I think there's been some confusion somewhere along the line between Maxi Lopez and very much not past it Valencia striker Maxi Gomez.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Hmmm... Perhaps if we have the cash this could still be a possibility, was concerned that Benfica would be a more attractive proposition but, if the reports are true, our offer seems far more attractive and isn't reported to have been refused.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Looks like we’ve gone from a cold trail, to leading the pack, if our updated bid is to be believed. (Plus Benfica’s one being rejected)

Would love to get it over the line.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
out of interest , does anyone know the quality level of the Spanish 2nd division ?

Hows it compare to our championship ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Uruguay to Argentina is essentially Scotland to England (although they don’t own it like we do). I think those two would strike up a great friendship and understanding on the pitch.

Errrrrr hang on....

We urm kinda hate each other, you even alluded to it by declaring we own Scotland (which we do obviously)
not really the best example

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
out of interest , does anyone know the quality level of the Spanish 2nd division ?

Hows it compare to our championship ?

I don't think it really matters.

The fella is 21, an absolute unit, fast and can score.

If he were Darren Numan playing for Darlington, the club would still be interested.
The fact that this guy is also a full international for the team 5th in the FIFA rankings is just an added bonus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here