Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I just don't believe he's got a 40 million release having signed from Uruguay domestic league. BS Leeked to local rags journo to bump up offers.

As previously mentioned, release clauses are standard in Spanish football contracts. All players have them and they're typically well above market value. Cristiano Ronaldo's was rumoured to be a billion euros.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As previously mentioned, release clauses are standard in Spanish football contracts. All players have them and they're typically well above market value. Cristiano Ronaldo's was rumoured to be a billion euros.

Yup. Not only are they standard but mandatory by some law from the 80s.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
if we've got benfica and leipzig all getting involved now then this is probably getting a bit beyond us

Don’t sell us short, remember reaching a cup final and losing still counts as a win, we are Brighton and Hove Albion FA Cup winners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Whatever happens, I'm pretty sure the club won't rest all their hopes on trying to get a deal for Nunez if the terms and price arn't right . If it doesn't happen there will be others we will turn to. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the club pulled a rabbit out of the hat and signed somebody most of us hadn't considered, as one things for certain with the Albion, the club rarely makes any public noise as to who they are chasing.

For me this is all just paper talk, as was the case with Chelsea signing Dunk, and will only believe any deal when it is actually signed. Otherwise it's all pointless speculation.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just don't believe he's got a 40 million release having signed from Uruguay domestic league. BS Leeked to local rags journo to bump up offers.

The backdoor prittle-prattle I read was the legally required release clause is €20m but it would have risen up to €40m if Almeria had won promotion.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The backdoor prittle-prattle I read was the legally required release clause is €20m but it would have risen up to €40m if Almeria had won promotion.

Which if true, in a sea of fact devoid rumours, means we should be able to negotiate at that level.

Is there any concrete proof whatsoever, that we have even bid though? is it just one random site? in which case its more likely to be BS.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which if true, in a sea of fact devoid rumours, means we should be able to negotiate at that level.

Is there any concrete proof whatsoever, that we have even bid though? is it just one random site? in which case its more likely to be BS.

Come on this is Brighton cards aren't just close to the chest they are positively unseen.

But Mr Naylor while poo-pooing all the other rumours did give this one a nod.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Does anyone know his flight number yet?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

The local press are reporting that it's 40 and bids of 20 mill have already been made and presumably rejected.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Does anyone know his flight number yet?

Michael Owen suite at the Grand Hotel.........

I have just read something that we have had a bid accepted for him - Brighton and Hove Independent. Take it with a pinch of salt, and even if it’s true, personal terms etc,

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I got this lads.

Gonna start a #FreeDarwinNunez campaign.

Might make a mug and a song.

Also going to cry and moan about it a lot.
Talk about my feelings. How I feel sorry for the lad. How he secretly wants to join us. How he'll be held back by their manager.
You see, I care so deeply for the boy. I cry myself to sleep each night. I can't eat.
He's like the son I never paid child support for. I was never available for him when he was growing up and maturing into a man. But now I'd like to reconcile with him, and not just because my life is shit and I want to profit off his success.
I love him so much...

...unless he has a bad game. Then he can f#ck right off the stupid c#nt. I'll ruin him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The local press are reporting that it's 40 and bids of 20 mill have already been made and presumably rejected.

As said earlier us supporting the Albion means we get shafted as we only find out something when the player is holding the shirt.

Plenty of other teams appear to get off on 'leaks' and drip feeding the media.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I got this lads.

Gonna start a #FreeDarwinNunez campaign.

Might make a mug and a song.

Also going to cry and moan about it a lot.
Talk about my feelings. How I feel sorry for the lad. How he secretly wants to join us. How he'll be held back by their manager.
You see, I care so deeply for the boy. I cry myself to sleep each night. I can't eat.
He's like the son I never paid child support for. I was never available for him when he was growing up and maturing into a man. But now I'd like to reconcile with him, and not just because my life is shit and I want to profit off his success.
I love him so much...

...unless he has a bad game. Then he can f#ck right off the stupid c#nt. I'll ruin him.

You’re just DELUDED !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here