Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darren Gibson

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
I see on the BBC website that Burnley, Derby and Bristol City are linked with him on loan for the remainder of the season. He could be just the player we are crying out for to get our midfield on top again in games and we should have a strong chance competing for his signature against the likes of Derby, Bristol and Burnley, with location the only negative.

To me we have a strong defence, outstanding wingers and striker(not plural) we just have nothing to link the 2. Gibson could be a good start to our Januray dealings!

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Don't think Gus is Fergie's favourite or did he move out of Old Shitford along with Wes Brown and someone?

He nearly went to Sunderland along with Brown and Oshea but move broke down

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No,He's more of a defensive minded midfielder I thought.

Not sure about that, Trapattoni really rates him and plays as a box to box midfielder for Ireland. I'd say he was a playmaker, certainly took that role against Palace recently.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He is actually not that good, if he was not contracted to Man U then I doubt he would get above league one imo.

Interesting, if he's fit he'll be at the Euro's next summer, 17 international appearances by the time your 24 isn't bad in a position Dicker would compete for but can't get a look in.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Not sure about that, Trapattoni really rates him and plays as a box to box midfielder for Ireland. I'd say he was a playmaker, certainly took that role against Palace recently.

Yep, box to box, gets forward quite a bit, gets a number of shots in and has a good long range shot on him. Would be ideal but I would have thought he would stay in the Premiership.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Surely with United's lack of central midfield options now that Fletcher is out for an indeterminate period, they simply can't afford tyo let another player go....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here