Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Darren England and Daniel Cook are back

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Liverpool have been told they won’t have them for the rest of the season but what about the rest of us? Why do we get an unfair advantage of these lemons?

There is no way they should have anything to do with the premier league, a one week holiday is nonsense.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Liverpool have been told they won’t have them for the rest of the season but what about the rest of us? Why do we get an unfair advantage of these lemons?

There is no way they should have anything to do with the premier league, a one week holiday is nonsense.
If their level of incompetence is such that they are not fit to ref one team, why should the rest of us have to suffer them?

I didn't think it was possible but Howard Webb has just made everything so much worse since his appointment. He is not fit for purpose.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
If they're back on duty doing the same thing then it's quite clear that no improvements at all have happened since Mr Webb was appointed as chief whatever he's supposed to be doing, surely if he fails to see the reasoning behind having ex professional footballers to operate VAR then he really shouldn't be in charge of anything to do with any improvements to do with VAR.

Obviously it would of taken a fair amount of time to firstly get a bank of ex professional footballers together to start training them up and then select the best of them ready to take over VAR duties but in the time Webb has been in charge there is absolutely no indication whatsoever Webb has actually started the process of even discussing the obvious solution to at least get the best qualified people to do the job.

With respect to those that are currently employed to operate VAR i doubt very much that any of them have actually played the game professionally, given them a players perspective of what's actually the best call to make, rather than guessing or using technology rather than common sense.

If Webb and those in charge fail to see that the system is actually detrimental to the fairness and integrity of the EPL then they should all be removed from their posts and replaced with people who actually realise the system is not fit for purpose as those operating it are simply not fit to do so with any consistent accuracy.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
England on VAR disallowed a winner for Burnley against Forest, for an imaginary handball. He didn't get a ban for that.

This ruling makes it pretty clear to referees - get things wrong against Burnley (and I don't doubt Brighton) - no problem. Get things wrong about Liverpool - black books. So if Liverpool are playing Burnley (or Brighton), they'd better be certain they get things wrong "the right way".

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If their level of incompetence is such that they are not fit to ref one team, why should the rest of us have to suffer them?

I didn't think it was possible but Howard Webb has just made everything so much worse since his appointment. He is not fit for purpose.
This - no way in the world should they be allowed to ref only certain clubs and not others. They're either good enough or they're not (clearly not in the case of these two absolute weapons). This is essentially clubs choosing their refs (or at least being able to veto a ref) - a loss of true independence and totally unacceptable.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

The only policy he has successfully introduced is making formal apologies for appalling refereeing errors.
He removed Mason from the front line but hid him in the back office training up and coming referees.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
England on VAR disallowed a winner for Burnley against Forest, for an imaginary handball. He didn't get a ban for that.

This ruling makes it pretty clear to referees - get things wrong against Burnley (and I don't doubt Brighton) - no problem. Get things wrong about Liverpool - black books. So if Liverpool are playing Burnley (or Brighton), they'd better be certain they get things wrong "the right way".
The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Klipperty and his colleagues kicked up a shitstorm so Webb acted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here