Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darren Bent

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Incorrect figure.
I heard (Villa Director) we were paying £20k of Darren Bent's wages in last months loan.
I very much doubt Bloom would sanction a loan deal for a £40k a week for a player in the Championship ???

If we signed him for longer, I'm fairly certain we would of been required to pay more than 20K p/w. That's the reason why we didn't get him for longer. Brighton are tighter than two coats of paint.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
top bombing, cant really see we'd willingly lose him unless there was a significant financial issue, and Lambert clearly has a problem with him. how has that man and that club defied gravity for so long?

Looks like they could be joining us next season. Got a lot of Villa fans in the family and the standard of their football and their lack of adventure is depressing. No goals in the side and no ambition to get forward. Lets Bent go with no replacement. Got lucky with Benteke but starving him of service and looks like he might be gone soon. Problems financially since O'Neil nearly bankrupted them but even so Lambert is totally uninspiring and hated by his own fans. Shame to see what's happening to them.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Money for sure...................................

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Bent gets game time he will score goals. If it's true that we had a shot of keeping him then that's a big call by the club to pass on a striker who's almost guaranteed to score enough to keep us up.

The Brentford game on Saturday was a stark reminder our strikers are toothless.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
People seem to forget he seemed pretty uninterested in that Reading game. Looked like he couldn't give a toss.
Bent was only here for one reason.

Score the goals to earn the biggest contract possible, in the summer.

Like every other recent Albion striker, with the exception of Leo, by the time we got to Reading Bent had realised he was actually costing himself money playing for a totally uncreative team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here