Darlington

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brady's Old Lady

Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
There's been a lot of discussion recently on NSC regarding whether we should be putting funds aside for Falmer or putting more money into the team. However a look at the div3 table at the moment proves that throwing money at the playing side, and getting a new stadium doesn't guarantee success.

I recall that the year we won div 3 Darlinton were one of the favourites to win the division as they had bought a lot of players. I don't remeber where they finished - (was it the play offs?) - but they didn't come up! Now 2 and a half seasons later, we're in the top half of the 2nd, having won a div2 title, and had an exiting adventure in div1, all this acheived with a constant turnaround in managers. They are in the conference drop zone.

As a club we have premiership standard support (Don't give a s:censored: t what FG says!!!!). We have a top half 2nd div team, surviving on div3 income, with Ryman League facilities. That indicates to me that DK and co. continue to make the right decisions, and are the right people to take us forward when Falmer happens.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
:clap2:

I only wish that some people could understand what you have just posted, unfortunately some won't.

Well done.

Post of the week for me.

Last edited:

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Great stuff Brady's.

It's worth remembering as well that Darlo have been scuppered by an egomaniac chairman (and mad wife) undermining the playing and coaching staff and alienating the fans. Those of you who inexplicably seem to enjoy DK-bashing (how short are your memories by the way?) would do well to bear this in mind.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
:clap2:

I only wish that some people could understand what you have just posted, unfortunately some won't.

Well done.

Post of the week for me.

I'll second that CTS.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Splendid stuff...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Well said.

Unfortunately those who should really take notice of your post have blinkers on and refuse point blank to take them off.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
3,600 in a 28,000 stadium on saturday.Would we ever get that in the first season in a new ground...i think not.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Totally agree - nice to see Ernest in the minority (yet again)

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
hey ernest are your opinions kept in the dark like your gimp boy avatar???? :lolol:

everybody has right to an opinion though.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The majority of us on NSC understand that the priority for this club is long term financial stability. And that means the club must provide us, their source of income, with a good facility to continue to watch our beloved team. That means Falmer, that means we spend money to ensure that it is built. The trade-off is that we don't get to splash the cash on the playing side. But, the club is managing magnificently in the circumstances, as those two shiny trophies prove.

FG and the like are allowed to say that that is a bad thing. But we know they are wrong.

I'm looking forward to see us get our trophy back, and then in a couple of years time having a roof over my head.

Just wanted to express my support for BOL's comments.

For the record, Darlo have done worse than your post suggests - in our championship season, they finished 5th from the bottom, just 4pts off relegation. Since then, they have not made it out of the bottom half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports