Darlington FC RIP

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I suspect the administrator knew about the 50K but said no thanks as it would be like pissing into the wind - it's when a serious offer of half a mill came in via the phone and was proven to be serious that he agreed to extend a lifeline. I just hope the story doesn't end there and the club can continue beyond the next two weeks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The annoying thing, but somewhat understandable, is that the administrators, who usually charge a large fee, are always the first to be paid when a club goes into administration.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
That is clearly at odds with

You mean like 'AFC Darlington'?

It's not at odds with that at all.

Darlington, Southampton, Palace, and a host of others have been allowed to wipe most of their debts and carry on as if nothing has happened.

What I am saying is I wish the supporters of DFC all the best, but its time to let the club go, and start again like Aldershot, Wimbledon and Halifax.

The new Darlington will be Darlington FC to the fans, but will have no official links to todays club, which frankly is a joke by entering admin 3 times in 8 years.

So its not a contridiction. If Darlington survives and wipes out its debts and carrys on for a third time and I wish them luck it would be. But if todays Darlington closed and a new club rised up from the rumble, then its not.

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
It's not at odds with that at all.

Darlington, Southampton, Palace, and a host of others have been allowed to wipe most of their debts and carry on as if nothing has happened.

What I am saying is I wish the supporters of DFC all the best, but its time to let the club go, and start again like Aldershot, Wimbledon and Halifax.

The new Darlington will be Darlington FC to the fans, but will have no official links to todays club, which frankly is a joke by entering admin 3 times in 8 years.

So its not a contridiction. If Darlington survives and wipes out its debts and carrys on for a third time and I wish them luck it would be. But if todays Darlington closed and a new club rised up from the rumble, then its not.

Any Darlington that is saddled with the Reynolds Egodome will always struggle financially - so a Phoenix club, maybe groundsharing at first but with a longer-term aim of going back to Feethams, might well be the best bet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports