Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dark Star Comes To Haywards Heath

United services great drinking hole it went down hill when they gave women the vote and allowed them to play snooker only joking had one of my my stag partys in the Lounge which was attended by Graham Mosley and Gerry Ryan good old days. I can remeber Five pints of Carlsberg for a £1 .

Recall the whole £1 worth coming back up!:ffsparr: SAUSAGES:eek:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Savannah have guest beers but the locals swear by Harveys which is a shame as I love trying new beers and we now have many small micro brewery's in Sussex I think we should have a beer festival at the amex great location. Grape Grain have three real ales for take away at very good prices and hundreds of different bottled beers one of the best indepentant off licence in Sussex.

Wrong I do not frequent pubs now only to eat if I go for a drink which is very rare it is the United Services Club. I do not like the way pubs have gone no longer a convivial meeting place as they were. They pulled out of the Priory when a Councillor with a vested interest raised objections. That is the residents of the town in general loss.

I think you will find that they pulled out after the survey in the area came out with only 3% in favour and 76% of locals against.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Surprised they aren't looking at that pub on East Street that Bison are trying to crowdfund...

Interesting. Do you have a link? Can't find any hard details on this.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think you will find that they pulled out after the survey in the area came out with only 3% in favour and 76% of locals against.

When, how and who did they survey as everybody I know up the hospital end of the town wanted it. The official reason for rejection was that the council and police wanted all the bars in the same area of town to make policing easier, that came in a written reply from the Town Council to a letter I wrote asking about it.

When, how and who did they survey as everybody I know up the hospital end of the town wanted it. The official reason for rejection was that the council and police wanted all the bars in the same area of town to make policing easier, that came in a written reply from the Town Council to a letter I wrote asking about it.

There was an unofficial survey that was done by the businesses in the broadway i believe.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Dark Star should open a pub in LEWES that would stir it.

Had an evening in Lewes once, seemed an awful lot longer. They say you are never more than 8ft away from a Rat, in Lewes, you are never more than 8ft from a pint of luke warm Harvey's, now that's really frightening !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well you would say that because the vote went against what you wanted.

No because it made no difference to me as contrary to belief I do not use them but you cannot argue with my post of the worthlessness of such a survey. It was no doubt the brain wave of the chairman of the council who happens to be a partner in a bar down there. I spoke to Tim Martin about it and he told me the building is in a deplorable state and the cost of renovation plus taking the council to court, and winning, which he usually does was too great for the returns envisaged so settled on BHill instead. He didnt feel in HH they could take £30K a week which is his usual target on opening a pub. It then gets adjusted according to the trade generated.

No because it made no difference to me as contrary to belief I do not use them but you cannot argue with my post of the worthlessness of such a survey. It was no doubt the brain wave of the chairman of the council who happens to be a partner in a bar down there. I spoke to Tim Martin about it and he told me the building is in a deplorable state and the cost if renovation plus taking the council to court, and winning, which he usually does was too great for the returns envisaged so settled on BHill instead.

If you don't vote then you can't complain about the result when others do:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here