Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Wilson Resigns

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Poor Swindon. Not having the best of seasons so far.

They're not going to hang around replacing him either:

Chairman Andrew Fitton said: "The club will be announcing a replacement for Danny within the next 24 hours. It will be a proven, senior manager whose prime responsibility will be to ensure our League One survival by the end of the season.

Last edited:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Peter Taylor?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Shame! He was doing such a great job and nearly finished it too...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The Swindon Advertiser "understands" that it is indeed Paul Hart - deal was done before Wilson fell on his sword obviously.

BREAKING NEWS: Hart to be named Town boss From This Is Swindon Town FC)

Not a bad choice in fairness and he might just have a chance of pulling off a great escape if he can use his experience to get the defence working properly although it's hard to see where goals will come from to win games

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
BREAKING NEWS: Hart to be named Town boss From Swindon Advertiser)

Told you!!!

PAUL Hart is expected to be announced as the new manager of Swindon Town tomorrow, the Swindon Advertiser understands.

Former Nottingham Forest and Portsmouth boss Hart is expected to take charge of the Robins until the end of the season.

Ex-Robins boss Danny Wilson resigned earlier this evening with immediate effect, with Town chairman Andrew Fitton saying in a statement: "The club will be announcing a replacement for Danny within the next 24 hours. It will be a proven, senior manager whose prime responsibility will be to ensure our League One survival by the end of the season.

"I have the utmost respect for Danny Wilson and have greatly enjoyed working within him these past 26 months - reaching the League One play-off final last season was a true highlight.

"Unfortunately this season we have not enjoyed the consistent playing success that we all anticipated and our current league position makes for uncomfortable reading.

"Therefore, following discussions with Danny during the last 24 hours, he offered to resign from his position, acknowledging that the appointment of a new manager should inject a fresh momentum that will pull the club out of the relegation zone.

"I cannot thank Danny enough for his contribution to the club's playing fortunes but more importantly for the very professional manner in which he has conducted himself over these discussions.

"He leaves the County Ground with his head held high."

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
WTF is Danny Wilson if not a 'proven,senior' manager ? I despair of these nutter chairmen, similar to the prat from Northampton interviewed on SSN earlier after sacking their manager.
Just what do they want? Someone's got to be bottom of the league, or fighting relegation. Before you all jump on me re us, this season's been worse.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Wilson supposedly quit though. Whether that involved a golden handshake as an incentive I'm not sure, but Wilson has enough integrity in my opinion to not be influenced by his own wealth

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This must have been in the offing for a while though, surely? You can't just appoint a new manager overnight, you need to have identified him as a replacement, spoken to him, agreed a deal and then begun negotiations with a manager you've now made a lame duck. Wilson has done the right thing and resigned, it's not completely selfless I wouldn't have thought, but he's done what I think most honourable people would have done. He deserved better than to be treated like this. I got the impression in the summer, from what I read on here, on the Swindon equivalent and in the Swindon Advertiser, that Wilson wanted to keep Greer, but Fitton wanted to sell. If that was the case, then I think Fitton needs to shoulder a lot of the blame for this seasons failure. Sell your captain and best defender and replace him in the side with a 19 year old (who he then also sold)? Brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here