Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We signed Danny in 2020 aged 29. He had an operation at the end of the 20-21 season that ruled him out for the end of that season even though he had made 24 appearances and it solved a longstanding Hamstring problem that he had.

He appeared 27 times last season and has appeared 31 times this season already. He doesn't have a fitness problem, isn't constantly injured and is still only 32 years old and still in his prime, but don't let facts get in the way :facepalm:

And I'm not picking on you but it's just that this crap about him being 'frail' keeps getting repeated and eventually people believe it :shrug:
Agree completely.

As per my earlier post it seems more than 6, but 31 games is very impressive

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
We signed Danny in 2020 aged 29. He had an operation at the end of the 20-21 season that ruled him out for the end of that season even though he had made 24 appearances and it solved a longstanding Hamstring problem that he had.

He appeared 27 times last season and has appeared 31 times this season already. He doesn't have a fitness problem, isn't constantly injured and is still only 32 years old and still in his prime, but don't let facts get in the way :facepalm:

And I'm not picking on you but it's just that this crap about him being 'frail' keeps getting repeated and people believe it :shrug:
How dare you.

;)

Managing his fitness is a continuous process/challenge for a reason. He's not about to faint and tumble, and he charges around with a confidence in his body that perhaps was not there pre surgery for years, but to get the best out of him seems to mean using him fragmentally rather than in consistent lasting spells. I don't mind us doing that and don't see him as a big baby.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
How dare you.

;)

Managing his fitness is a continuous process/challenge for a reason. He's not about to faint and tumble, and he charges around with a confidence in his body that perhaps was not there pre surgery for years, but to get the best out of him seems to mean using him fragmentally rather than in consistent lasting spells. I don't mind us doing that and don't see him as a big baby.
I think we will have to respectfully agree to disagree on what has been an absolutely brilliant day :thumbsup:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
How dare you.

;)

Yes - but to labour the point - we’re not doing that. He is playing in “consistent lasting spells” - he’s featured or started in 33 of our 39 PL/Cup games this season . Agreed he’s carefully managed and doesn’t start every game - but that’s often tactics - RDZ will sometimes prefer Ferguson now - not fitness. Fact is - He plays a lot of football. Yet two posters on here - last week called him bewilderingly - “powderpuff”.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yes - but to labour the point - we’re not doing that. He is playing in “consistent lasting spells” - he’s featured or started in 33 of our 39 PL/Cup games this season . Agreed he’s carefully managed and doesn’t start every game - but that’s often tactics - RDZ will sometimes prefer Ferguson now - not fitness. Fact is - He plays a lot of football. Yet two posters on here - last week called him bewilderingly - “powderpuff”.
Yeah such a label is ludicrous, but anyone attending football matches knows at least 30% of the witterings are those of a flatulent hog-whisperer.
He was in blistering form yesterday, and if forced to start on Thursday I hope he ends up with nothing more than a small sorry to old friends for dragging us closer to a European dream.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here