Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Welbeck - SIGNS new contract to June 2024

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
He certainly has some engine, he flew past Undav (who had only recently come on) at one point toward the end of the game.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
He certainly has some engine, he flew past Undav (who had only recently come on) at one point toward the end of the game.
thats something Potter needs to be careful with his late subs, it can take a while for them to get into the speed of the game.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
New song

He might not score
What the heck
Oh Danny welbeck

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Hey Danny you're so fine
You're so fine it blows our minds

Hey Danny

Etc.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
For a non goal scoring goal scorer, I do rather like seeing his name on the team sheet. He definitely adds quality and impact to the team going forward. He did today.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He will score goals soon to add to his all -round good play.
He has done so in the last few seasons.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He will score goals soon to add to his all -round good play.
He has done so in the last few seasons.

He’s saving his goals for Liverpool and city!

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Welbeck is the best non-scoring striker weve ever had. World class

He’s obviously not world class but he’s playing very well. I will say though, if the goals dry up from the other players who is the first person that we will look to to score ? He needs to start scoring let’s be honest here.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
He's the perfect fit for our team regardless of age. He's strong, intelligent, makes intelligent runs to create space, pulls the defenders all over the shop. He's tricky, wins fouls, penalties, links up play, just a joy to watch. He'll grab himself a few goals, but while he plays as he does, he'll enable our midfield and attacking players to score a lot more than in the past.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He's the perfect fit for our team regardless of age. He's strong, intelligent, makes intelligent runs to create space, pulls the defenders all over the shop. He's tricky, wins fouls, penalties, links up play, just a joy to watch. He'll grab himself a few goals, but while he plays as he does, he'll enable our midfield and attacking players to score a lot more than in the past.

Yet, look up his stats and see three goals in his last 23 appearances, including six consecutive blanks this season, and we'd all "know a season ticket holder at Brighton who says he's shit".

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yet, look up his stats and see three goals in his last 23 appearances, including six consecutive blanks this season, and we'd all "know a season ticket holder at Brighton who says he's shit".

Yup.

Poor run of results and he'll be one of the first that gets to bath in shit.

Statistically, he is very similar to a certain Neal Maupay when it comes to converting chances into goals but as long as the results are fine, not many are going to complain about it.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003

Oh aye, it's all rosy at the moment for sure and we all know how quickly that changes! Just enjoying the ride and a rejuvenated Welbeck.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He’s obviously not world class but he’s playing very well. I will say though, if the goals dry up from the other players who is the first person that we will look to to score ? He needs to start scoring let’s be honest here.

Or he'll be dropped? Or replaced by an expensive new forward signing? Hmm I don't think so.

What is different this season is that the midfield are scoring. As long as that continues it sort of doesn't matter whether Danny is scoring or not as long as he leads the line like he does

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yup.

Poor run of results and he'll be one of the first that gets to bath in shit.

Statistically, he is very similar to a certain Neal Maupay when it comes to converting chances into goals but as long as the results are fine, not many are going to complain about it.

But most can see that results are fine because Danny offers more outside the box than Neal did. Hence why Neal fell down the pecking order and was shipped out.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
But most can see that results are fine because Danny offers more outside the box than Neal did. Hence why Neal fell down the pecking order and was shipped out.

Heh, I dunno man, two goalless defeats and most won't be able to see anything but a goalless has-been who needs to be replaced by Teemu Pukki asap.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Heh, I dunno man, two goalless defeats and most won't be able to see anything but a goalless has-been who needs to be replaced by Teemu Pukki asap.

Who I think would do pretty well in a half way up the league PL team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here