Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Welbeck - SIGNS new contract to June 2024

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I was convinced we'd offered him 2 years! Explains why the 1-year option had only been announced via the retained list.

Fantastic news and makes so much sense all round.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Timing is interesting, have we given him another year on top just as Man United started to sniff?

Great retention for us though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Whatever that last operation did seems to have fixed a player I regarded as almost terminally broken and probably good for 15 mins as sub here and there.

Absolutely DELIGHTED to have been proved wrong. He was a beast at United. You had to be there to see the work rate. Clearly has his confidence and fitness fully back.

This is like signing another player.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was starting to get concerned. It was announced back in June that he was expected to sign a new contract, then it went quiet, then noises started coming out about signing a welbeck-like player. This is more promising (of course we could be expecting offers now he's supposedly fixed, and thus we'd still need a replacement).

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whatever that last operation did seems to have fixed a player I regarded as almost terminally broken and probably good for 15 mins as sub here and there.

Absolutely DELIGHTED to have been proved wrong. He was a beast at United. You had to be there to see the work rate. Clearly has his confidence and fitness fully back.

This is like signing another player.

I think the club used the surgeon who operated on Tariq which was successful.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Two years is brilliant work by the club, since being apparently fixed he has to have been on the radar of other clubs :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
WELBECK SIGNS NEW TWO-YEAR DEAL

Brighton & Hove are delighted to announce that Danny Welbeck has signed a new contract that runs until June 2024.

Danny joined the club in October 2020 and has made 53 appearances, and scored 12 goals.

Head coach Graham Potter said, “Danny has been brilliant for us from the moment he arrived. He became a part of the group quickly and has become a real leader.

“He uses his experience to help the group and is a great role model for the younger players.

“On the pitch he has been really important for us, he gives so much to the team and I am looking forward to continuing working with Danny in the coming seasons.”

Having made his debut with Manchester United in 2008 under Sir Alex Ferguson, Welbeck went onto win the Premier League, League Cup and Club Word Cup, as well as being named United’s Young Player of the Year in his breakthrough season.

He joined Arsenal in 2014 from United in a £16 million move, after making nearly 150 senior appearances for the Red Devils. With the Gunners he added an FA Cup to his trophy haul, netting 32 times in 126 outings before departing in 2019 at the completion of his contract, going onto spend a year with Watford.

The 31-year-old has made 42 senior appearances for England, having played at under-17 up to under-21 level for the Three Lions.

He has 16 goals for his country, including a memorable winner against Sweden at Euro 2012 to give England a 3-2 victory. He was also named in both the 2014 and 2018 World Cup squads.

Does he get some letters after his name with this one? ???

And well done, the club! Great singing.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
excellent news.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can somebody please pass on a message to those who have been belly-aching for years that we need to buy a £30-40M PL ready striker?

We just have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here