Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck, should we? [18/10: we did - one year deal] - *** NEW ONE YEAR DEAL ***

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
So I like that DW has signed a new 12 month contract !

He has great ability and we should be delighted that he will be at the AMEX for the next twelve months.

Of course he is not a long term solution to our striker problem but he is also a potential inspiration to our younger players.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
So I like that DW has signed a new 12 month contract !

He has great ability and we should be delighted that he will be at the AMEX for the next twelve months.

Of course he is not a long term solution to our striker problem but he is also a potential inspiration to our younger players.

Long term? If we unearth anyone who can get 15 non-penalty goals a season in the PL - the entire football universe will be after him!

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Considering we missed quite a few pens last season I would be more than happy for a few pens to be in the back of the net tbh.

Yep, completely agree, but if we do ever get a 15-20 goal premier league goalscorer the MASSIVE clubs like the Arse will be social-media(ing) the **** out of #teamslikebrighton to ensure we’re bullied into selling our assets:)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great to have him back for another year. Wonder what the front three will be at the end of the window.

Welbeck – Locadia – Andone

:dunce:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Being a fan of keeping player stuff in one place, I'll leave this here rather than on the match thread:-

[tweet]1439911620709429256[/tweet]

I'm sat staring straight down the barrel of this.
I accept that'll never have the 'heft' of the thousands of us who were in the identical spot for Case '83, but it was glorious to watch.

Were I even remotely in tune with the 21st century, I might even have a couple of better slides to show than the footage here.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I wonder if there's any comments on the Leicester sites about whether someone other than Vardy should have been marking Welbeck.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Being a fan of keeping player stuff in one place, I'll leave this here rather than on the match thread:-

[tweet]1439911620709429256[/tweet]

I'm sat staring straight down the barrel of this.
I accept that'll never have the 'heft' of the thousands of us who were in the identical spot for Case '83, but it was glorious to watch.

Were I even remotely in tune with the 21st century, I might even have a couple of better slides to show than the footage here.

I was sat in a near perfect diagonal angle to see it leave his head and nestle in the side-netting.
It was a beautiful sight.

Goal all the way, we were up, before it even hit the net.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The couple of casual steps backwards before the corner was delivered gave him the space to move into to make the header. Nobody from Leicester tracked him as he made either that move or the one to meet the ball as the corner came in meaning he was left all alone to put the header exactly where he wanted it.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The couple of casual steps backwards before the corner was delivered gave him the space to move into to make the header. Nobody from Leicester tracked him as he made either that move or the one to meet the ball as the corner came in meaning he was left all alone to put the header exactly where he wanted it.

Yes.

Movement doesn't have to be extravagant.

He got up early, watched it all the way, headed it downwards, using the pace already on the ball to guide it in the corner.

Top quality finish

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Yes.

Movement doesn't have to be extravagant.

He got up early, watched it all the way, headed it downwards, using the pace already on the ball to guide it in the corner.

Top quality finish

Looked simple didn't it, but actually from forward of the front post to get that good a contact and direction from that angle a lot more difficult than it looks and there could be a showreel somewhere of how many of those are missed. Looks bread and butter, but really is a top class finish.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Looked simple didn't it, but actually from forward of the front post to get that good a contact and direction from that angle a lot more difficult than it looks and there could be a showreel somewhere of how many of those are missed. Looks bread and butter, but really is a top class finish.

Yes, and i'd say 90% of those misses are that the player doesn't really get anything on it at all.

Can't not mention the delivery either. Properly whipped in and made Danny's job easier for him. Leandro was great all game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here