Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck, should we? [18/10: we did - one year deal] - *** NEW ONE YEAR DEAL ***

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Why would I have a problem ?

There is nothing to get so aggressive about.

I mean it is a little exasperating when we sign a player and you serially moan that we should be "concentrating" on a striker - and not appreciating that we cannot choose the order deals finalise - but on a world scale even that is about as irritating as whether it is raining in Cornwall or not. :shrug:

Sorry but you sound like you have a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Come on Welbz, we’ve fluttered our feathers and lifted our tail, just get it done so that we can move on.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Danny Welbeck, should we? [18/10: we did - one year deal]

Probably just silly season rumours but few rumblings on Twitter that Besiktas been in touch with Wellbeck with an offer

https://twitter.com/sporarena/status/1406140942621478915?s=21

Translated

Looking for a striker to replace Aboubakar, Beşiktaş started working to transfer Danny Welbeck, who played in Brighton & Hove Albion last season.

Erdal Torunoğulları met with Welbeck, whose contract had expired, and presented his offer. (@ismailer_ )hurriyet.com.tr/sporarena/son-…

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If he hasn't signed by July 1st he won't.

In 11 days time he is out of contract and we stop paying him. If he's going to stay after that why take a break in his pay ?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

In 11 days time he is out of contract and we stop paying him. If he's going to stay after that why take a break in his pay ?

I’m also of the thinking that if he hasn’t signed by July 1st we need to move on ourselves.

Be great to have Danny back but he isn’t worth waiting all summer for, need clarity so we can make our own plans… otherwise we could have missed out on other players waiting for him

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would expect the Albion have given him a deadline to sign but they won’t be sharing that with us

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I wish it was that simple.

Footballers like Welbeck don’t need a monthly salary coming in like a lot of us fans.

Danny’s agent (who is seemingly talking to quite a few clubs if you believe the stories) probably has half a dozen contracts on the table ready to sign. I suspect the agent would ask for back payment to July 1st and with the competition for his signature, they’d get it.

I would imagine the length of contract is the issue here. I suspect he’ll pick the longest term, I also think we’ve only offered him a 1 year deal (just a hunch).

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We would be pretty stupid to miss out on him if it was just about 1 year Vs 2.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Danny Welbeck, should we? [18/10: we did - one year deal]

I understand he’s not a young player. But he’s what 30? Certainly another 3-4 years at this level is realistic.

Given his ability, the goals he scored for us. the way he’s fit in around here, and what an exemplary character and role model he is for our younger players… I would have no issue giving him a 2 year deal. Granted I’m not up on whether the financial implications of that we can afford.

He’s going to listen to all offers understandably. But we’re good for him too, I would be surprised if he went to a lesser league.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We would be pretty stupid to miss out on him if it was just about 1 year Vs 2.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Yes, if he's happy and the numbers are right you'd expect we'd offer 1 year with a 2nd year option subject to keeping himself fit and firing

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think a Turkish club had offered him a contract last season too and he rejected it to come to us. I just hope we have set a deadline for a decision so we can move on. If he comes I'd want him to have had a full pre season training. If he doesn't I hope we are in discussions with some alternatives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here