Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck, should we? [18/10: we did - one year deal] - *** NEW ONE YEAR DEAL ***

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
FWIW the bookies odds usually mean **** all although they have meant something with Potter and Lallana so not always. 1/10 however often suggests it’s happening I find. Let’s see..

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Great signing, get him in. You won't find a better striker than this who will be happy to play a bit part off the bench. We need more premier League experienced players as well. Our squad is probably too young and green at the moment

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
Danny Welbeck, should we? . . .

I’m gonna be proper mental and IF this happens judge the signing after 6 months or so or even after he’s played a few games I may pass comment - it’s mental I know, I should be looking at his stats and judging him or even weighing up if he’s worth the wages we all know he will get as it’s all public document etc etc

But I’m gonna take a different approach and wait...

You mean we shouldn’t write him off before he’s even signed? I’m not sure I understand the rules of NSC anymore!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You mean we shouldn’t write him off before he’s even signed? I’m not sure I understand the rules of NSC anymore!

Nope, we should still. I’m just going mental and going against the grain on this one! Did the same on the young Swiss / Kosovan or whatever he is too - I must be pisssing people off on here for being so ‘whacky’ recently!

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
Nope, we should still. I’m just going mental and going against the grain on this one! Did the same on the young Swiss / Kosovan or whatever he is too - I must be pisssing people off on here for being so ‘whacky’ recently!

Proper mental. Good luck in the lonely world of rational thinking!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

it will never catch on, bloody nippers :rolleyes:

Willet

Nov 13, 2012
Ferring
Yes but.....

I see there is an article with a link from the club website, recommending us to sign Danny Webeck. What's the general concensus of opinion on here? should we?

Available on a free transfer following his release by Arsenal.

Yes but only if we can't sign Josh King

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We can’t sign Josh King.

We can...

(Bournemouth release him and we sign him for free / you didn’t mention a time frame so we can in Jan or any window whilst he’s still playing)

Hahahahaha I’m so pedantic!

But yes, we can’t realistically...

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Now 1/10 on Skybet. Was 8/11 last night.

I’m keeping everything crossed. I think he would be a terrific signing.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
What an absolute shower if our new regime can't find better than a sicknote who last scored 5+ Premier League goals in 2013/14. For context, that was Oscar Garcia's year in charge, before he was succeeded by Hyppia.

Football has moved on since then. Welbeck isn't up to it anymore.

Embarrassing wasting wages on both him and Lallana.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What an absolute shower if our new regime can't find better than a sicknote who last scored 5+ Premier League goals in 2013/14. For context, that was Oscar Garcia's year in charge, before he was succeeded by Hyppia.

Football has moved on since then. Welbeck isn't up to it anymore.

Embarrassing wasting wages on both him and Lallana.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Lallana will turn out to be one of the most astute signings we’ve made.

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
If we can get him in on a low fee why Not? There is no way any club will get him in on his wages when he was ar Liverpool. But thats never going to happen.

If is pay per person or low wage as a squad player. I see that as ok back up. We are never going to sign him at 90k give your heads a wobble.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
If he can stay fit, he'd be an excellent addition.

I always thought he was a top attacking centre forward, and also regarded as one of the best defensive attackers around.

I remember Gary Neville saying he was one of the best pressers of the ball he played with, a great tackler and exceptional at winning the ball back high up the pitch.

He's played for both Man Utd and Arsenal and there's not many crap players who can claim to have done the same.

Sign him up.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
In his day he was great, and I see him as a good professional. Can he still do it? I don’t know. His injury record is terrible.
After being released by a championship club you would think he would almost pay us for a chance in the Premiership.

I don’t really see him as the answer. If he still had it, Watford would have kept him in preference to Glen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here