Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck, should we? [18/10: we did - one year deal] - *** NEW ONE YEAR DEAL ***

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes, and i'd say 90% of those misses are that the player doesn't really get anything on it at all.

Can't not mention the delivery either. Properly whipped in and made Danny's job easier for him. Leandro was great all game.

Agreed, he made the finish look an awful lot easier than it was. Yesterday saw Leandro at his best, he just needs to keep performing like that more often!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes, and i'd say 90% of those misses are that the player doesn't really get anything on it at all.

Can't not mention the delivery either. Properly whipped in and made Danny's job easier for him. Leandro was great all game.

LT was much more physical than he is at times ..this added to his obvious talent made him a very good player yesterday ..playing with a lot of confidence after turning out for Belgium and a cracking goal last week

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
LT was much more physical than he is at times ..this added to his obvious talent made him a very good player yesterday ..playing with a lot of confidence after turning out for Belgium and a cracking goal last week

I think he releases it earlier as well. It makes a huge difference

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Agreed, he made the finish look an awful lot easier than it was. Yesterday saw Leandro at his best, he just needs to keep performing like that more often!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Cracking finish.

As an extra bonus, planning how to defend corners against us has got more complicated.

The days of 2 men on the corner flag are hopefully gone for good and it's not just pump it in for one of 'the big lads at the back' ... although Duffy flying in like a wrecking ball is still one of the great sights in modern sport.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...Duffy flying in like a wrecking ball is still one of the great sights in modern sport.

Isn't it just!!

_120620520_gettyimages-1341269168.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I really like Welbeck, I didn’t mind his lack of goals, as we’d found a great target man with pace/mobility harassing back-lines. Creating space for others.

But he’s really gone of the boil imho, I thought his first touch tonight was awful.

We’re kind of screwed when he plays poorly. He’s literally our only striker proven in the EPL.

Jimmy Grimble

I really like Welbeck, I didn’t mind his lack of goals, as we’d found a great target man with pace/mobility harassing back-lines. Creating space for others.

But he’s really gone of the boil imho, I thought his first touch tonight was awful.

We’re kind of screwed when he plays poorly. He’s literally our only striker proven in the EPL.
The tweak to RDZ football has not helped him. Potter had learnt that Welbeck was often at his best in the channels and peeling off. RDZ has had him too central and dropping too deep. I can’t imagine he’s happy.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
A terrible striking performance by Danny tonight. He's one of 3 or 4 who probably need to come out of the firing line.

A huge problem that the club have left us short in this position yet again this season.

My view is that we need to give Undav up till the world cup to see what he can do. If this doesn't work, then after that, we look at our recall options and choose one out of Adringa, Sima, Zeqiri, Ferguson, whichever one we think can score in the PL in the medium term, get them in the side and keep them in. Properly invest in their development.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
When we’re playing a striker with zero goals all season by this stage that’s a worry

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
He does a lot of the ‘unseen’ work as a striker, however with better finishing he could have easily had at least 5 goals this season - Would liked to have seen Ferguson start today or Undav giving us something different- next two games v City and Chelsea - do we experiment with the untried or so we stick with the misfiring experienced striker??

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Glad I’m in Arizona far away from a tv, Saturday in the air and following Saturday also in the Air.

avoiding all the incoming hot air on here for the next two weeks inbound.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Selling Maupay looking every bit of a mistake as letting Murray go to Palace

Reactions: A1X

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
He does a lot of the ‘unseen’ work as a striker, however with better finishing he could have easily had at least 5 goals this season - Would liked to have seen Ferguson start today or Undav giving us something different- next two games v City and Chelsea - do we experiment with the untried or so we stick with the misfiring experienced striker??
For gawd's sake lets try something different up front! The opposition will be totally familiar with what Danny has to offer and how to defend against him, surely we have to pose them some problems they're not expecting...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Selling Maupay looking every bit of a mistake as letting Murray go to Palace
Bollox, Murray didn’t want to go, Maupay did, have you forgot he stormed off down the tunnel a few times last season, when not used by POTTER.

tells me all I need to know about where Maupays head was….

not here, that’s for sure.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bollox, Murray didn’t want to go, Maupay did, have you forgot he stormed off down the tunnel a few times last season, when not used by POTTER.

tells me all I need to know about where Maupays head was….

not here, that’s for sure.
It happened once, apparently.

Lewis Dunk once handed in a transfer request and refused to play , but his career with us has done ok ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here