Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Swanson [Merged]

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
According to the Express we're favourites to sign Danny Swansea (out of contract Dundee Utd midfielder)

BRIGHTON have offered Danny Swanson a crack at the English Championship.

Seagulls boss Gus Poyet has held discussions with the out-of-contract Dundee United player’s representatives.

Hibs and Aberdeen are also interested the 25-year-old but he would prefer to move south and Brighton believe they are close to clinching a deal.

I know nothing of the player, but on paper he doesn't really sound particularly like what we're looking for: 5'6" and not particularly free scoring.

I'm sure Gus knows what he's doing, or perhaps the story is pure bollocks. :shrug:

EDIT

He looks f***ing CLASS

[yt]Sv_tqV8_jkY[/yt]

Last edited:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Looking at his showreel he looks f***ing CLASS! Plays like a better version of Craig Noone, really quick feet, strong, FAST, great finisher

The goal at 3.20 is SEXY
[yt]Sv_tqV8_jkY[/yt]

Comments on clip
This should be put on a disc and handed to Peter Houston and Stephen Thompson just incase they are thinking that Dundee United can do without this little genius. WHAT A PLAYER!!!

If it wasn't for his injuries the Swan would be playing at a top level Champions League team. One of my favourite United players of the past decade
:lolol:

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
It seems like every summer we are desperately trying to get hold of some Dundee Utd players...

Last year it was Gomis and Prince Bauben - and nothing came of either of them. Wouldn't read too much into it.

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4919249 said:
Looking at his showreel he looks f***ing CLASS! Plays like a better version of Craig Noone, really quick feet, strong, FAST, great finisher

The goal at 3.20 is SEXY
[yt]Sv_tqV8_jkY[/yt]

Comments on clip

But come on It's the SPL. AKA Monkey Tennis. Not even Championship standard football lol

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4919249 said:

The goal at 3.20 is SEXY
[yt]Sv_tqV8_jkY[/yt]

Comments on clip

Looks like a brilliant player from that video. The comment about him being injury prone is a downer, but if they can do what they did with Vicente to this guy, could look promising!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
What are his hamstrings like?

danny-swanson-417412023.jpg

Last edited:

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4919269 said:
Even so, his quick feet and composure look excellent and although of course it's an easier league to play in, he's obviously very talented.

If It was to come to be It would be a gamble but I suppose at the right price It could pay off. You never know. More often than other I'm wrong lol

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
He gets absolutely KNOCKED OUT bat 41 seconds. Out cold! What a coward that other bloke, punching him while he's not looking and got his hands in his pockets :facepalm:

[yt]jqEsMqdPz-E[/yt]

Last edited:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
He looks flair, the only worry as others have said is it is the SPL he's playing in at the moment. Still, certainly looks to have something none of our current midfielders, Vicente excepted, possess. I'm going to look him up on FM now!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Certainly one of the better players on Scotland.
DEFFO worth a go if on a FREE.

Plus this stupid idea that you can't be a good player in Scotland drives me mad. If you curl it in from 25 yards it doesn't matter WHO the opposition is.

Jelavic is even better for Everton than he was for Rangers.

Charlie Adam was hardly setting the world alight in Scotland, brilliant for Blackpool.

Steven Fletcher. One of Wolves only positives. Came from hibs.

Barry Robson. BOSSED the game against us.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Dear Gus - We need players who are bigger and more physical to compete at the highest levels of the Championship - 5 feet 6 inches doesn't fit the bill. But if he's free that would be fine.

:)

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
According to local Dundee newspaper Middlesborough are Favourites to sign him, also he only started five games last season due to injury we dont need that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here