Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Rose

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Actually he would offer more offensively at least than Burn or March IMO and would be a decent addition bar his age and wage demands which are likely to rule him out. He also has a wish to move closer to his roots in Leeds apparently so all in all unlikely...

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I'm baffled that people are so quick to say no. Watching him on the Spurs documentary it's evident all he wants to do is play football, he may have had a disagreement with Mourinho but I wouldn't say that automatically means he is a bad player to have around the squad.

Adds a great deal of experience, on loan it wouldn't be a bad signing at all.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Emile Heskey got 62 caps.

I'd be very happy to have Emile Heskey (in his prime) in our squad right now.

Maupay and/or Connolly buzzing around & feeding off his hold-up play would be a tasty plan B in my opinion.

110 premier league goals of his own is not too shabby either.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Doesn't fit the bill. Would rather see March given an extended run as left wing back.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think this is nonsense anyway. But would ask to those in favour:

Why Rose over Bernardo?

Why Rose over March?

Why Rose over Burn?

Why Rose over any of our u23s who could play there?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A

Why Rose over Bernardo?

Why Rose over March?

Why Rose over Burn?

Because he is easily better than all 3 of those players in that position, it's that simple.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Because he is easily better than all 3 of those players in that position, it's that simple.

It is? Then why don’t Spurs and Newcastle want to keep him?

I personally wouldn’t swap Burn for him. Massively underrated, man of the match in a lot of our games last season.

And even then I’d sooner give the opportunity to one of our youngsters, eg Cochrane or whoever.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Why Rose over Bernardo?

Why Rose over March?

Why Rose over Burn?

Why Rose over Bernardo? Better player in that position.

Why Rose over March? Better player in that position.

Why Rose over Burn? Better player in that position.

Why Rose over any of our u23s who could play there? Better player in that position. plus very experienced in PL.

However, would want him on loan with some wages paid by Spurs.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
It is? Then why don’t Spurs and Newcastle want to keep him?

I personally wouldn’t swap Burn for him. Massively underrated, man of the match in a lot of our games last season.

And even then I’d sooner give the opportunity to one of our youngsters, eg Cochrane or whoever.

They've never said that they didn't want him. He just wasn't playing consistently and that's what he wants to do so that's why he went out on loan. Newcastle have signed Jamal Lewis who is a young upcoming Left Back who will not cost as much in wages. Dan Burn has done a good job at left back when needed, but he is not the answer to a Left Wing Back,

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I fear some people are expecting way too much!

To dismiss an experienced international player out of hand so quickly is completely bonkers!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
NSC folk once again kind of showing they don't know much about football. Danny Rose is a top top player way better than anything we have down the left side.

He's always played with commitment when he's been selected.

Would be an exceptional addition.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Just remember though, he’s been there 13 years and prob not caused issues before. Think he felt he deserved some respect...

The way he felt might have been justified but there are still mature ways of handling it. He might have got a better response from JM if he'd been less confrontational. He went in there for a fight.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Like all people who suffer from depression, indeed.

And this weeks empathy award goes to.......Timbo!

Take a bow.

Honestly, do you really think that's what I meant or are you one of those that goes round all day desperately looking for something to be offended by?

Do you think I sat and watched Danny Rose open up about depression and thought 'yeah you're a right **** for saying all this'?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I fear some people are expecting way too much!

To dismiss an experienced international player out of hand so quickly is completely bonkers!

Similar reactions at the start of the Adam Lallana thread, i wonder what happened to him.

Fwiw, my opinion is that i would prefer someone younger but he is undoubtedly better than what we have, so wouldn't object. Would prefer a loan with option to buy if both the Albion and Rose are happy to make it permanent at the end of the loan.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
NSC folk once again kind of showing they don't know much about football. Danny Rose is a top top player way better than anything we have down the left side.

He's always played with commitment when he's been selected.

Would be an exceptional addition.

And how much do you know?

“Top player top player”, so where are all the top sides after him? Newcastle fans not glowing reports, not keen on keeping him either. Ditto Spurs fans who say he has a bad attitude to boot.

Yes he was a good player some years ago. On the decline now. Doesn’t fit our business model.

Again our fans do a huge disservice to the brilliant Dan Burn. Yes we need a LwB to round out our squad. I don’t think Rose is the answer.. as always I trust GP, Dan and Tony.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Similar reactions at the start of the Adam Lallana thread, i wonder what happened to him.

Fwiw, my opinion is that i would prefer someone younger but he is undoubtedly better than what we have, so wouldn't object. Would prefer a loan with option to buy if both the Albion and Rose are happy to make it permanent at the end of the loan.

You do realise it's a nonsense rumour I take it?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
And how much do you know?

“Top player top player”, so where are all the top sides after him? Newcastle fans not glowing reports, not keen on keeping him either. Ditto Spurs fans who say he has a bad attitude to boot.

Yes he was a good player some years ago. On the decline now. Doesn’t fit our business model.

Again our fans do a huge disservice to the brilliant Dan Burn. Yes we need a LwB to round out our squad. I don’t think Rose is the answer.. as always I trust GP, Dan and Tony.
You don't suddenly lose it. A manager like potter is ideal for rose. Absolutely no harm in getting him on loan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here