Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Ings to Villa

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If he bags 20 goals for us I don't care whether he's arrogant or not.

We have Maupay who's arrogant and he misses 3x chances a game. I agree that Saints gave him a shot after being out injured but they certainly gained from that as he scores 46 in 100 which is bloody impressive!

I really don't think you can call him a sick note anymore mate, he's played 30+ games the past 3x seasons one of which he bagged 25 goals.

Lets be honest here, all footballers are mercenaries including the Albion squad. They dont love the albion and at any given opportunity they'd be off if their salary was doubled. A certain Lewis dunk wanted to go to Fulham a few years back for more money.

Somehow his is a different type of arrogance - selfish.

I don’t think he would be on our radar anyway. Welbeck may not have scored many goals, but he is good to have around the place and GP has commented on his effect on younger players. I don’t think Ings would be like that.

If any of our “mercenary” players moved on, they would probably be saying nice things about the club. Ings just dropped Southampton like a stone.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I can't see Biss going to Villa.

Might end up at West Ham if Rice is sold.
I doubt we will be getting anywhere near £50m for him though.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Bissouma is not going to Villa.

However, their pursuit of him will guarantee that he leaves this summer as his head has been well and truly turned.

If Villa fans think they are getting hold of him, they are in clue cuckoo land. A big club will guzump them. My money is on Arsenal or Man Utd.

Apparently Manchester United are going for Phillips from Leeds and arsenal will be spending the main money on strikers this summer. Suppose if Rice moves on could see West Ham coming in or maybe Man City as another option with Fernandinho off in the summer.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bissouma is not going to Villa.

However, their pursuit of him will guarantee that he leaves this summer as his head has been well and truly turned.

If Villa fans think they are getting hold of him, they are in clue cuckoo land. A big club will guzump them. My money is on Arsenal or Man Utd.
If villa offer him silly money he will go there !!

They seem to have big plans and want to splash the cash.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You’re saying Danny Ings isn’t good enough for the Albion?

He hasn’t had the best season this year but he’s been in and out of that team and Gerrard clearly doesn’t fancy him. He was absolutely class for Southampton over two seasons and only 2 years ago scored 22 in the premier league and he’s not good enough for the Albion.

What actual planet are you on? Who should we go for, Calvert Lewin or Son maybe?

We don’t pay the wages and we’re a mid table at very best team.

Ings on a 3 year deal for 20 million quid would be a quality bit of business and much better than some Dutch gamble or another championship player who can’t quite make the grade.

A good friend of mine messaged me a few days ago saying we should go after him should Everton go down. He was being serious.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Bissouma to Man City makes sense, with Fernandinho leaving there’s a space for him, he’ll get the salary, we’ll get the fee, and he gets Champions League football. Chelsea could be an alternative if Kante moves on, or Spurs if they finish top 4. Villa though, they can get fooked.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I understand Villa are planning a massive transfer window this summer to give Stevie G the tools to allow Villa to compete for a CL slot. They've already tied up Coutinho, are close to signing Mathias Ginter from Moenchengladbach from under the noses of Bayern and Dortmund and are giving him a further £150m warchest.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
In time-honoured NSC tradition…

Wages (for Danny Ings)

Means no chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
No chance, but Emmanuel Dennis from Watford would be right up our street.

I agree re Dennis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Bissouma to Man City makes sense, with Fernandinho leaving there’s a space for him, he’ll get the salary, we’ll get the fee, and he gets Champions League football. Chelsea could be an alternative if Kante moves on, or Spurs if they finish top 4. Villa though, they can get fooked.

This. Do not want Biss to leave but if he does City is the perfect landing strip.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'm not sure why people are so sure Bissouma won't go to Villa. They are an historically big club with big ambitions, big money to spend on wages and transfers and a big name manager. If Villa offer £40m for him, get Gerrard on the phone to tell him he loves him and whack £120k p/w on the table, I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

Do I think he should go to Villa? No. Do I think he could get a move for one of the big boys? Yes. But if the offer doesn't come from them and all he has left is a seemingly unsatisfactory contract offer from Brighton and a whopping offer from Villa, he may well end up there.

Either way, I can't see Ings ending up here unless there's a play from Lallana for a Southampton/Liverpool treatment room reunion on the cards.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm not sure why people are so sure Bissouma won't go to Villa. They are an historically big club with big ambitions, big money to spend on wages and transfers and a big name manager. If Villa offer £40m for him, get Gerrard on the phone to tell him he loves him and whack £120k p/w on the table, I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

Do I think he should go to Villa? No. Do I think he could get a move for one of the big boys? Yes. But if the offer doesn't come from them and all he has left is a seemingly unsatisfactory contract offer from Brighton and a whopping offer from Villa, he may well end up there.

Either way, I can't see Ings ending up here unless there's a play from Lallana for a Southampton/Liverpool treatment room reunion on the cards.

Honestly, this means cock all to modern players, as I posted earlier, Watkins is on record as saying he didn’t realise Villa were a big club until he’d joined. There’s absolutely no reason for a kid from Mali to know that they were good 30+ years ago.
The modern player knows Liverpool, City, Chelsea etc. The rest are just fodder. Also, Villa’s league position isn’t a great selling point.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Honestly, this means cock all to modern players, as I posted earlier, Watkins is on record as saying he didn’t realise Villa were a big club until he’d joined. There’s absolutely no reason for a kid from Mali to know that they were good 30+ years ago.
The modern player knows Liverpool, City, Chelsea etc. The rest are just fodder. Also, Villa’s league position isn’t a great selling point.

Yeah I agree, but that's only part of it. If you take that in isolation, no, he won't go to Villa because it's relatively meaningless. Just like he won't go to Nottingham Forest of Fulham or Huddersfield for example, but that's why it was followed by "... with big ambitions, big money to spend on wages and transfers and a big name manager". All of those things together to matter. All of them in isolation probably aren't enough to entice a player in the modern era.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here