[Albion] Danny Ings to Villa

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
25 million and Ings would be acceptable but he's got to be on 80k a week hasn't he, minimum.

Surely we couldn't afford Ings' wages? He must be on £100k a week at Villa.

A quick Google has multiple outlets stating he’s on £120,000pw. Lol.

Regarding Biss, how could he not be attracted by the pull of the mighty Aston Villa, who currently sit *checks notes* below Brighton in the table.
I heard an interview recently in which Ollie Watkins said he didn’t realise how big a club Villa were until he signed. Villa, Forest, Wednesday, Leeds etc all living in the past, players these days only know of Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool Man Utd etc, the rest are just also rans.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
A quick Google has multiple outlets stating he’s on £120,000pw. Lol.

Regarding Biss, how could he not be attracted by the pull of the mighty Aston Villa, who currently sit *checks notes* below Brighton in the table.
I heard an interview recently in which Ollie Watkins said he didn’t realise how big a club Villa were until he signed. Villa, Forest, Wednesday, Leeds etc all living in the past, players these days only know of Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool Man Utd etc, the rest are just also rans.

I think fans often forget how young these players are, and how shit 'massive' clubs like Villa / Leeds etc have been for so long. The last time Villa were anything other than relegation fodder was 12 years ago, when Bissouma was 13. I can't imagine a 13 year old in Mali would be acutely aware of a club finishing 9th in the Premier League. The 'massive club' thing is mainly in fans heads. In the same way that we would say Man City aren't a massive club, they're just nouveau riche who can't even fill their stadium, they have actually been title challengers for over half of a lot of young players' lives.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
All the gossip is that Bissouma really doesn't want to go to Villa as he doesn't want to live up there (who can blame him?). He's hoping for a London club apparently.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Unfortunately the answer was in the HBs restaurant at the Liverpool game, but you’d need Doc Browns Delorean.

A partnership of a 27 year old Glenn Murray and a 25 year old Bobby Zamora.

As Joanie Mitchell once sung ‘You don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone’.

Lot's of fans at games and on here used to shout about Muzza not being quick enough, always offside etc ...

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Swap deals don’t happen and we should be aiming higher than Ings if we do go for a striker this summer.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why would we want ANOTHER injury-prone 30+ year-old striker, who would cost an absolute fortune in wages? And why would Ings want to come here when he can sit on the bench at Villa earning £100k a week, with the occasional cameo.

Whoever wrote this has absolutely ZERO idea of how our club is run!!

Ings is 29.

That said, although he is a couple of years younger than Welbeck, I don't rate him as that much of an upgrade on Welbz. And from Ings' point of view, no doubt he's on a sumptious contract at Villa and won't be keen(!) to take a pay cut. Can't really see this one happening - and if Villa (or the journalist) are thinking about a straight swap ..... then Wow!

Just Wow! :facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ings and a bucketload of cash then maybe, otherwise sod off. Also what makes Villa a likely European candidate and team that will win things, they are still BELOW us and we recently lost six games in row!

Their manager is Stevie Gerrard, there are quite a few on here who think he’s already a much better manager than GP…because he’s an England legend and won something in Scotland in his first managerial job.

I wouldn’t swap though as he’s totally unproven without quality players at the level he’s managed at and he’s not setting the PL alive at Massive Villa, even with a January budget adding to an already expensive squad, that GP can only dream about

I predict he won’t be getting Villa to Europe next season either, however much dosh and players Villa chuck at him

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
All the gossip is that Bissouma really doesn't want to go to Villa as he doesn't want to live up there (who can blame him?). He's hoping for a London club apparently.

I can see Biss most likely replacing Xhaka at Arsenal, or else Declan Rice at West Ham.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Swap deals don’t happen and we should be aiming higher than Ings if we do go for a striker this summer.

You’re saying Danny Ings isn’t good enough for the Albion?

He hasn’t had the best season this year but he’s been in and out of that team and Gerrard clearly doesn’t fancy him. He was absolutely class for Southampton over two seasons and only 2 years ago scored 22 in the premier league and he’s not good enough for the Albion.

What actual planet are you on? Who should we go for, Calvert Lewin or Son maybe?

We don’t pay the wages and we’re a mid table at very best team.

Ings on a 3 year deal for 20 million quid would be a quality bit of business and much better than some Dutch gamble or another championship player who can’t quite make the grade.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You’re saying Danny Ings isn’t good enough for the Albion?

He hasn’t had the best season this year but he’s been in and out of that team and Gerrard clearly doesn’t fancy him. He was absolutely class for Southampton over two seasons and only 2 years ago scored 22 in the premier league and he’s not good enough for the Albion.

What actual planet are you on? Who should we go for, Calvert Lewin or Son maybe?

We don’t pay the wages and we’re a mid table at very best team.

Ings on a 3 year deal for 20 million quid would be a quality bit of business and much better than some Dutch gamble or another championship player who can’t quite make the grade.

Because of where I live I know a lot of Southampton fans. I’m married to one.

I don’t know any who like Ings. Sick note. Arrogant. Mercenary. Southampton rescued him, and then he dumps them with no warning.

No thanks.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012

I don’t know any who like Ings. Sick note. Arrogant. Mercenary. Southampton rescued him, and then he dumps them with no warning.

No thanks.

If he bags 20 goals for us I don't care whether he's arrogant or not.

We have Maupay who's arrogant and he misses 3x chances a game. I agree that Saints gave him a shot after being out injured but they certainly gained from that as he scores 46 in 100 which is bloody impressive!

I really don't think you can call him a sick note anymore mate, he's played 30+ games the past 3x seasons one of which he bagged 25 goals.

Lets be honest here, all footballers are mercenaries including the Albion squad. They dont love the albion and at any given opportunity they'd be off if their salary was doubled. A certain Lewis dunk wanted to go to Fulham a few years back for more money.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The internet is saying Ings is on £120K a week and he's still got 2 years left of his contract. Why would he come here on less money, how could that even happen?

I can't see us paying more than the £90K a week Lallana is rumoured to be on, and even then not until Lallana leaves which won't happen until summer 2023 as he is under contract 'til then. I'm sure Moder's injury will surely kill whatever small chance there was of him leaving this summer.

I would say that a fair price for Ings would be c. £25m on £90K a week.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
The internet is saying Ings is on £120K a week and he's still got 2 years left of his contract. Why would he come here on less money, how could that even happen?

I can't see us paying more than the £90K a week Lallana is rumoured to be on, and even then not until Lallana leaves which won't happen until summer 2023 as he is under contract 'til then. I'm sure Moder's injury will surely kill whatever small chance there was of him leaving this summer.

I would say that a fair price for Ings would be c. £25m on £90K a week.

Unless we give him 80-90k a week and a decent signing on fee of a few million.

I think they’d let him go for 20 mil.

But I agree we won’t break our wage structure, it’s clearly the main reason we can’t get a decent striker over the line as we won’t pay big wages which is fine until you miss 14 chances per game 😂

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Unless we give him 80-90k a week and a decent signing on fee of a few million.

I think they’d let him go for 20 mil.

But I agree we won’t break our wage structure, it’s clearly the main reason we can’t get a decent striker over the line as we won’t pay big wages which is fine until you miss 14 chances per game 😂

There is this feeling that if Glenn Murray can bag 25 Prem goals in 2 seasons when he's in his mid-30s then it is conceivable a 30-year old Ings could give you four or five big years.

He's also only played 326 matches in his career, so only 10 more than 25-year old Neal Maupay, whereas a similar age / type of striker - Chris Wood, 30 - has played 537 for club and country. In theory, he should be flying for Villa. Maybe it's the fact Watkins is top dog?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Didnt Villa pay £25m for Ings? A year on, and after a not very successful season for him, Villa would get £20m max for him.

scooter1

How soon is now?
It’s a bullshit story, nothing more than click bait.
Bissouma May end up at Villa, but unlikely. If he’s sold, it will be to a top 8 club or abroad and not on a part-ex for a player with a chequered fitness history.
We have Undav coming in the summer, and it’s looking like Welbeck will be retained(with his own fitness issues). Ings doesn’t seem like a good fit for us

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

No thanks.

They think the same about Lallana don’t they because they gave him the route to England. They are bitter about anyone who leaves for better things imo

I don’t and never have liked them.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Bissouma is not going to Villa.

However, their pursuit of him will guarantee that he leaves this summer as his head has been well and truly turned.

If Villa fans think they are getting hold of him, they are in clue cuckoo land. A big club will guzump them. My money is on Arsenal or Man Utd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports