Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Well I like him, in a gus or Oscar team I think he would shine. Can't see him being here next season though.

Dec 29, 2011
He came from the Dutch premier division and fans of his club thought he wouldn't be out of place in the premier league.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Really ?

I cant think of one thing Holla is better at than Stephens

Stephens is faster, more mobile, gets around the pitch, a better tackler, drives forward, better in the air, will score more goals, his passing is good short or long, and has some tricks when required,a proper box to box midfielder at this level in my opinion.

As you can tell i don't agree with you ;-)

Holla has been a huge dissapointment in my opinion, I would not be unhappy for him to stick around as back up for Ince, Kayal and Stephens as our central 3. But with Crofts and JFC already on board, I really cant see him being involved.

I think Stephens is Sunday League so guess what I think of Holla:moo:

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Holla's only real contribution was that he was the only new player to have a half decent song this season

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stephens had an awful game on Monday. Probably the worst I have seen him play.
TBH I'm struggling to think of any game, either side of his injury, when he has properly imposed himself on the action.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another saving on wages at the end of the season
But it won't be though will it.

We'll not start next season with a centre midfield squad consisting of:-

Ince
Kayal
Stephens
JFC
&
Crofts.

So 'offloading' Holla means either, buying someone else. (Do you want a cheaper Danny Holla?)
Another loanee... :sigh:
Someone from the development squad, who's not even made it to the bench this season.

Basically take money straight out of the 'new striker' savings jar.
Or weaken a crucial part of the team.

Holla's no Kemy, if he can improve to English football only slightly he's plenty good enough for our first team squad.

Keeping Holla to spend more striker, is a no brainer.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
But it won't be though will it.

We'll not start next season with a centre midfield squad consisting of:-

Ince
Kayal
Stephens
JFC
&
Crofts.

So 'offloading' Holla means either, buying someone else. (Do you want a cheaper Danny Holla?)
Another loanee... :sigh:
Someone from the development squad, who's not even made it to the bench this season.

Basically take money straight out of the 'new striker' savings jar.
Or weaken a crucial part of the team.

Holla's no Kemy, if he can improve to English football only slightly he's plenty good enough for our first team squad.

Keeping Holla to spend more striker, is a no brainer.

Yeah but we will still have Lua Lua and March who will take at least 1 midfield berth

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah but we will still have Lua Lua and March who will take at least 1 midfield berth
3 of those 5 have played together plenty of times, under Hughton..

So off loading Holla, irrespective of which players are used will leave only 4 players covering 3 places.
Anyone relying on Crofts is mentals.
Potentially much the same could be said for March, and possibly even KLL.

Whichever way you slice it, Holla leaving will cost the club money or competitiveness.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
3 of those 5 have played together plenty of times, under Hughton..

So off loading Holla, irrespective of which players are used will leave only 4 players covering 3 places.
Anyone relying on Crofts is mentals.
Potentially much the same could be said for March, and possibly even KLL.

Whichever way you slice it, Holla leaving will cost the club money or competitiveness.

Down to CH at the end of the day, will make for a interesting summer as the manager will actually be insitu and hopefully make a early start on rebuilding

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Down to CH at the end of the day, will make for a interesting summer as the manager will actually be insitu and hopefully make a early start on rebuilding
Definitely.
Hughton being the Albion manager 01.09.15 is more important than anything else.

I fully appreciate none of us know the whole truth about any of the players.
Holla could be a model professional ready to sign an extension.
Or
His attitude could be raising eyebrows at Lancing with those around the club coughing *kemytwo* as he walks past.

From what I've seen of him, on the pitch, playing in a new country, taking into account the expense and gamble of a replacement, I wouldn't 'get rid' on a whim.

There's been a hell of a lot of 'throwing the baby out with the bath water' on here, since Monday, and that don't come cheap.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Definitely.
Hughton being the Albion manager 01.09.15 is more important than anything else.

I fully appreciate none of us know the whole truth about any of the players.
Holla could be a model professional ready to sign an extension.
Or
His attitude could be raising eyebrows at Lancing with those around the club coughing *kemytwo* as he walks past.

From what I've seen of him, on the pitch, playing in a new country, taking into account the expense and gamble of a replacement, I wouldn't 'get rid' on a whim.

There's been a hell of a lot of 'throwing the baby out with the bath water' on here, since Monday, and that don't come cheap.

Think we will see around 5-6 new players next season

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Needs a clear out of Cloughie proportions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here