Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla to FC Groningen

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I'd imagine his friend read it there though. Hopefully true - would be a weird thing for them to make up..!

Holla was our best midfielder when he first came & almost first name on team sheet for a while.

He could well have done, it was brought up in the pub and he mentioned it, nothing more, as you can tell Holla wouldn't have been an interesting subject :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He could well have done, it was brought up in the pub and he mentioned it, nothing more, as you can tell Holla wouldn't have been an interesting subject :lolol:

It would be a very odd thing for them to make up so fingers crossed its true - another wage waster off the books. No dig at Holla as such, more at Burke..

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Started off really well and looked like a great buy, somewhere it went wrong and Hughton certaintly doesnt fancy him so best to move him on. Looked so disinterested in the cup game at Hull was like playing with 10 men.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Always thought he had ability and read the game well.

However, he has no pace, which is vital and I think the championship as a division, is a lot faster and stronger than the Dutch league as Elvis and VLP are finding.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is just rumour for now, nothing confirmed, is there ? ???

Bucharest49

May 12, 2014
I can confirm he has not gone any were up to last night ,he was out last night with a one of the other players for dinner and my self and has not said he was going sny were ,,,,,

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or YouTube somehow makes players look better than they are.

With Knockaert being the exception that proves the rule.

I thought he played EXACTLY like his YouTube video.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Another midfielder ruined by Sami Hyypia's ridiculous system.
I don't really agree - I think the blame lies with the recruitment team, probably that idiot Trevor Birch. Holla was bang average when he arrived, he then had 2 or 3 good games early on but declined and it was soon apparent he wasn't up to it. He doesn't influence games, he rarely plays a telling forward pass and he's a bit powder puff.

He started at Groningen (a similar sized club to us) but Zwolle, then VVV Venlo (both small clubs) before moving to Den Haag (about MiIllwall in size). So his career had been in decline before he arrived here. Obviously this pretty much sums up Birch's incompetence as a recruiter. If successively smaller Dutch clubs were taking him on (and for a small nation, they do know a thing or two about the club game), what made Birch think he'd do a job for us? Absolute clown.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
really strange this one, everyone raving after his first few games, then, awful. Good luck to him, suits all parties if he moves on

Brighton fans rave about every player after their first few games without actually knowing if they are going to be good over the long term

We even have a pretty good record of raving over players as soon as we sign them without any idea if they will be good or not - Diego Arismendi being the absolute king of that particular department

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Hopefully this does come off...... he wasn't as awful as many say but there wasn't anything better than JFC about him and so not sure why he was signed or given games ahead of someone with such clear potential but who it seems will take his time to reach his level

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Brighton fans rave about every player after their first few games without actually knowing if they are going to be good over the long term

We even have a pretty good record of raving over players as soon as we sign them without any idea if they will be good or not - Diego Arismendi being the absolute king of that particular department

Idiots even RAVE over RAVING over RAVING over players that they have never even seen play let alone SING for us

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I agree with that - and worry (hope I'm wrong) that Knockaert could be the next one that has gone from amazing to average in some fans' views - 'you need to look at the bigger pie Jenny...'

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that his best game for us was alongside Ince away at Ipswich under Hyppia. It is rather ironical that both had a great game together and looked the business but both now struggling in a different formation and approach.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here