Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla Signs

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I haven't read the whole thread so this may already have been raised and answered. I am guessing he was nowhere near a first choice otherwise we'd have got him in pre-season surely? Not saying he won't be any good just that I reckon he was well down the pecking order of players we were after? Otherwise surely we would have been professional enough to get him in for pre season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I may be well off the mark but I think that he was a plan B for Clayton
The article on the blogs page would seem to agree, in that it reads like he's Kemy #2.

Plays straight down the middle.
Won't mazey dribble round 5 players.
But is the man entrusted to make 'the' pass.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Lua Lua? He is wasted in the centre and SH doesnt use wingers.

If, hypothetically, someone like Rohan Ince were to be off to a Premier League team somewhere up North, Holla might make a pretty decent replacement or possibly even upgrade, wouldn't you reckon?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cant see anybody coming jn for Rohan Ince he is still very raw and wouldnt command much of a fee for us. Isnt Toko a similar type player so we have a replacement already. My concernis about Stephens is his injury worse than we first feared and consequently a long way off coming back?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Cant see anybody coming jn for Rohan Ince he is still very raw and wouldnt command much of a fee for us. Isnt Toko a similar type player so we have a replacement already. My concernis about Stephens is his injury worse than we first feared and consequently a long way off coming back?

It was a purely hypothetical question.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I haven't read the whole thread so this may already have been raised and answered. I am guessing he was nowhere near a first choice otherwise we'd have got him in pre-season surely? Not saying he won't be any good just that I reckon he was well down the pecking order of players we were after? Otherwise surely we would have been professional enough to get him in for pre season.

It's quite possible that we weren't his first choice and he was hoping for a move to the PL or to a top Dutch side. He has to be fairly confident of his worth if he was prepared to release himself from the Den Haag contract without having anywhere to go.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Early days but he sounds IMMENSE so far, and against THE Leeds United as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why hasn't someone been through this thread highlighting all of the naysayers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here