Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla Signs

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Yeah they did, my mistake I just wrongly assumed that Den Haag, were just some tin pot, make up the numbers side, in a league that has probably had 3/4 different winners in the last 40 years....I've never even heard of them and if people are honest, I bet 90% of people on here haven't heard of them either.
Trouble with you is you assume a LOT and like a minority of NSC users are not prepared to see anything positively. I can't believe that people on hear that have never heard of him, seen him play can make judgement on how good he is. Yes we all want to sign players we have heard of, but that does not mean that they will be any better than signings like these. Give him a chance, then if he turns out like KEMY slate him all you want:lol:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
As a précis of all the other posts, and a sentiment I wholly agree with, Albion DESPERATELY need a more reliable, creative midfield. We were blessed with an outstanding defensive unit and target man last year; in contrast, our midfield was impotent and inconsistent. Our goal scoring return from the support players (Crofts excepted) was woeful. This just adds further pressure on the likes of CMS and now COG, who are already feasting on a few titbits from their teammates around them. The club has perhaps shown too much patience in this area of weakness. Currently, neither JFC, KLL, Ince, Agustien, an unproven Toko, or even March has proved to be worthy of a regular starting place. Add this to last year's personnel, Orlandi, Lopez, Buckley, Andrews, and it's no surprise we spluttered and wheezed through the season.
A fit Stephen and Crofts, yes, that's better, but it still leaves gaps in vital areas. Bringing in Tex and Holla could add some teeth and guile in the centre because without added strength here, it's hard to see any progression.

I've read this whole thread and this is the most sensible post, spot on in my opinion

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Sounds more like a Crofts type player than a Bridcutt type player. If Sami's correct and he can dictate play then that's an improvement on what we've got already, if need be and he falls back into a defensive position, then so be it. By the sounds of it though, he's our marauding midfielder who'll get stick in and initiate the attack.

My line up for Tuesday:

-----Stockdale-----
Bruno---Dunk--Hughes---Chicksen
--------Toko----Ince--------
March----Crofts/Holla----Teixara
------------COG/CMS--------------

Subs: Greer, Fenelon, Harris, Ankergren, Calderon, JFC, Augstien

That's assuming we have no one come in between now and Tuesday.

No KLL or are we selling him too?

I'd go for one of Ince/Toko and play both of Crofts and Holla (if Crofts wasn't suspended of course)

-----Stockdale-----
Bruno---Greer--Dunk---Chicksen
------------Ince/Toko--------
----------Crofts----Holla--
---------CMS---COG----KLL----------

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008

I'd go for one of Ince/Toko and play both of Crofts and Holla (if Crofts wasn't suspended of course)

-----Stockdale-----
Why have you missed the kid out from Liverpool who apparently had a good game when he came on yesterday

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013

-----Stockdale-----

that front line CMS COG KLL
have carried very little goal threat so far

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
To all those saying we don't need another mid-fielder, is that why we've been playing Bruno as a mid-fielder!? :ffsparr:

Because we don't have a decent wide player as March is injured, apart from Lua Lua and he's being played in the wrong place. That's why! In my opinion we have a decent enough midfield especially when fit. But we can have as much bite in midfield as you like, without width or a decent centre forward to play with CMS or instead of, we'll just keep getting crowded out in midfield and pass the ball around in front of 10 opposition players. IMO the money would have been better spent on players that play in positions where we need them.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Because we don't have a decent wide player as March is injured, apart from Lua Lua and he's being played in the wrong place. That's why! In my opinion we have a decent enough midfield especially when fit But we can have as much bite in midfield as you like, without width or a decent centre forward to play with CMS or instead of, we'll just keep getting crowded out in midfield and pass the ball around in front of 10 opposition players. IMO the money would have been better spent on players that play in positions where we need them.

The most telling piece.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Typical NSC: half are saying we don't need another midfielder and half are complaining that we haven't signed someone to replace Bridcutt.

What's worse is that 25% of NSC is saying both those things without noticing the problem.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Decent pedigree and we desperately need someone who can pull the midfield strings. Dead ball skills look good too. When Stephens is back fit and he, Crofts and Holla are available that gives us a good level of experience, skill and bite in the deep midfield, with the options of Solly, Tex and LuaLua creating the flair in front. A left back and another striker and we'll have a decent squad.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Sorry but I can't stop thinking of Paul Barber at the forum, going on about building the fan base...I can see it now. Dad to son.

Dad..."Do you want to come to next BHA game son, we made a new signing"
Son..." Really, who is it?"
Dad..." Danny Holla"
Son.."Leo Ulloa's come back,,,yeah let's go"
Dad..." No son, Danny Holla"
Son..." Who's he?"
Dad..."Denfencive midfielder from Holland"
Son..." Nah, your alright dad, I think I will watch tv instead"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here