Daniel Webb

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Not sure you could tell at that early stage about leadership.

And no players with attitude dont stay long, one of the reason Brighton are in the bottom half of league 1

Really I thought he parted company with three clubs because of his attitude, which would suggest he wasn't a leader

I think that we are where we are in the table because of lack of money resulting in all our best players being sold, stability and the uncertain future myself. Players with attitude don't generally play for top teams very long either.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Spunk Bubble said:
He was 10 times the centre half that Wicks was. You obviously can't judge a player !!:shootself

At the time he still looked better.

You are judging Wicks against a fully developed Cullip

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
Really I thought he parted company with three clubs because of his attitude, which would suggest he wasn't a leader

I think that we are where we are in the table because of lack of money resulting in all our best players being sold, stability and the uncertain future myself. Players with attitude don't generally play for top teams very long either.

Keane Didnt do to badly did he?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Keane Didnt do to badly did he?

Always an exception to the rule, he was also very very talented.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Cantana
Anelka
Viera
Lampard

few more

Lampard has attitude?? Never noticed it myself

Anelka has been moved on or moved on by every club pretty quickly

Cantona was an enigma and a Brighton hero by default

Viera? Not sure he had attitude off the pitch did he?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
Lampard has attitude?? Never noticed it myself

Anelka has been moved on or moved on by every club pretty quickly

Cantona was an enigma and a Brighton hero by default

Viera? Not sure he had attitude off the pitch did he?

Viera was always trying to start fights.

Lampard clearly has an attitude he loves himself

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
BTW Kinky, has Mido got attitude? he used to look pretty good but he looked like the laziest non trying player I've seen for years on Sunday. What's his problem? If you can't get motivated for a game like that it may be time he got moved on???

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Viera was always trying to start fights.

I'd have said he was looking after himself when he got targeted. Hard as nails and still not replaced at Arsenal.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
BTW Kinky, has Mido got attitude? he used to look pretty good but he looked like the laziest non trying player I've seen for years on Sunday. What's his problem? If you can't get motivated for a game like that it may be time he got moved on???

He was warming up in front of us and he really is fat again, he was poor when he came on.
I ould be surprised if he is here next year if a replacement can be found in the summer.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Daniel Webb was possibly the clumsiest player I've ever seen at the Albion. He spent virtually all the time on his arse.

Played as though he was wearing Sideshow Bob clown shoes.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Yoda said:
I thought Matty Wicks was pretty decent. What happended to him in the end? ???

he was class on his day but Adams liked his110% blood and guts boys.

On to Mido, only seen him on the box but against the arse in the LC semi was it he looked great when he came on but aginst chelsea he look slow and uninterested, like to see him at the Albion though:jester:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Webb enjoyed his one goal for us, cant remeber who it was against but it was a header at the Withdean from a wicker outswinging cross by Watson I think?

Kinky Gerbils said:
Not sure you could tell at that early stage about leadership.

And no players with attitude dont stay long, one of the reason Brighton are in the bottom half of league 1

Yeah, you would think that MM would have made a FORTUNE and a big name for himself as the boxing manager of Ali, making sure he only sparred gently with Liston and kept his mouth SHUT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports