• Danny Welbeck

Votes: 18 34.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think it's a really tough one. I still slightly prefer Sturridge, dunno why.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Is it really just me who thinks Welbeck is completely useless? There's no competition, one of them is a footballer and the other one is an uncultured slogger. A mate of mine referred to Welbeck as a shit Demba Ba earlier, brilliant comparison. Very unimpressed by Welbeck, but he's only young. Sturridge has only started showing consistent form over the last year, but at the moment there's no question for me.

D

Deleted member 18477

both! sturridge is more tricky, welbeck is more direct.

wouldnt mind seeing sturridge, rooney and welbeck up top for england at some point. although walcott and chamberlain will have something to say about that. looked very dangerous against blackburn.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Euro squad actually potentially looking a bit tasty... maybe we'll even do a bit of a Germany? (Youthful team make the step up... destroy bitterest international rivals)
Time the team had an overhaul and lately it's looked like some of the young English prospects ain't half bad.

I am mainly referring to OXO of course... he looks different gravy playing for Arsenal at the moment. Add Wiltshire, Walcott and the young strikers mentioned as well as Rooney who we may finally have learned is quality but not necessarily Gazza level messiah... Phil Jones if fit and a keeper we mean to stay in the sticks for years...

Maybe we'll do alright. Out in the quarters it is then.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
We'll win the Euro, the World Cup, the Super Bowl and the Eurovision song contest if A-O-Chamberlin can perform in an England shirt anything like he did yesterday. And Sturridge.

Last edited:

raz_18

Thomas Parrott
Jan 26, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
Sturridge has it for me, more flair about him i think.

Mainly due to the back hill he scored v stoke or sunderland (one of them)

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Daniel Sturridge just for me at moment, its very marginal. I think both are fantastic talents and enjoy seeing them both play. Would have them both in the England squad for the Euros without a doubt.

Jan 18, 2012
I cannot understand the wankfest over welbeck sometimes. for me, he is a donkey. the lad would add nothing to the england team and i am baffled he gets anywhere near the man utd first team.
Sturridge on the other hand is a touch of class. great finisher, extremely quick, can beat his man and has great technique. a must starter for england these days if we are to progress as a team. We as a nation are always too slow to call up promising and in form playersand i dont know why. examples include wilshere, parker,micah richards and so on..

Sturridge by a MILE

Potters mate

Jan 22, 2004
Lewes
Both! Welbeck is fighting it out for the centre forwards role, so his competition is bent, Zamora, defoe, carrol (ahem). Sturridge has been employed as an old school inside forward at chelsea (from what i have seen) so his england competition is walcott, Aoc, Johnson, downing(please god no!) England tend to play with one up top, if the question is welbeck or sturridge for that position then it has to be welbeck, i could be wrong and sturridge could be awesome as a target striker, however his skill set suggests not. I personally thank god they are both english and look forward to the next 10 years as they both spectaculaly fail to reach the unrealistic targets we set them.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
If we're talking England then both. However Welbeck is technically a better player and can lead the line on his own if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

Euro squad actually potentially looking a bit tasty... maybe we'll even do a bit of a Germany? (Youthful team make the step up... destroy bitterest international rivals)
Time the team had an overhaul and lately it's looked like some of the young English prospects ain't half bad.

I am mainly referring to OXO of course... he looks different gravy playing for Arsenal at the moment. Add Wiltshire, Walcott and the young strikers mentioned as well as Rooney who we may finally have learned is quality but not necessarily Gazza level messiah... Phil Jones if fit and a keeper we mean to stay in the sticks for years...

Maybe we'll do alright. Out in the quarters it is then.

You want to take a whole county to the Euros ? I suppose there is some comfort in numbers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here