[Football] Daniel James

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think the fact that article gets a bit confused and says that both Brighton AND Man Utd are trying to sign Rodon and that Ben White used to be a Man Utd player tells you all you need to know about it’s overall accuracy.

"Rodon could be viewed as an alternative option for former Manchester United centre-back Ben White - should Arsenal manage to pull off a £50m deal."

Yeh, see what you mean - needs a touch of sub-editting. I think!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A few Man Utd fans who go to Selhurst all say he is shitehouse.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
With Cristiano Ronaldo's imminent return to Old Trafford, do Man Utd now have one too many attacking players?

Perhaps it's time to put a cheeky bid in?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’d prefer Lingard.

James has top level pace but his shooting is average and his decision making is actually quite poor. Like McBurnie, he looked great under Potter at Swansea but isn’t all that. Maybe a Watford or Norwich will be in for him?

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I’d prefer Lingard.

James has top level pace but his shooting is average and his decision making is actually quite poor. Like McBurnie, he looked great under Potter at Swansea but isn’t all that. Maybe a Watford or Norwich will be in for him?

Lingard is 28, on big money and United would want a pretty significant fee.

I would much prefer James who is 23 and has lots of potential.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
With Cristiano Ronaldo's imminent return to Old Trafford, do Man Utd now have one too many attacking players?

Perhaps it's time to put a cheeky bid in?

Nah - I quite like the way the squad is shaping up, and I also think it's better to introduce new players gradually, not too many at oce - if we just get Cucurella in, that'll do me fine and it'll be a good return for this transfer window.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Lingard is 28, on big money and United would want a pretty significant fee.

I would much prefer James who is 23 and has lots of potential.

Yup.

No chance of Lingard, yes. But I just worry about James’ decision making. His footballing brain seems to be a pace or two behind his lightening legs. He’s like the opposite of Groß.

When your showreel has endless examples of you beating your man and finding space with top level pace, only to take a poor shot, get tackled or stop and be caught up by the defender you’ve just rinsed, you know you have a lot of development still to do.

https://youtu.be/1ZPpuBo8J9M

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I'm confident GP would get more out of him than OGS has managed to.

And I'm pretty sure GP would want him. Just look at this press conference, from 2:50 onwards. I have never before or after seen GP praise a player like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpeMe-cpAwk

He is also a top bloke by all accounts and comes across as very humble and friendly whenver you see him talk. I would absolutely love to see him playing for Brighton.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I'm confident GP would get more out of him than OGS has managed to.

And I'm pretty sure GP would want him. Just look at this press conference, from 2:50 onwards. I have never before or after seen GP praise a player like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpeMe-cpAwk

He is also a top bloke by all accounts and comes across as very humble and friendly whenver you see him talk. I would absolutely love to see him playing for Brighton.

i'm a bit too old for the helicopter, so will resrtict myself to nodding approvingly

would the club match his man u wage?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
i'm a bit too old for the helicopter, so will resrtict myself to nodding approvingly

would the club match his man u wage?

Doubtful but he strikes me as someone who would take a wage cut to be a key player with a manager he has a great relation to.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Doubtful but he strikes me as someone who would take a wage cut to be a key player with a manager he has a great relation to.

he must want regular football and the cr transfer pushes him further from the starting 11, who knows?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can’t help thinking this might be on Naylor’s list of “and others…..” when he talks about transfers beyond Cucurella and Nunez

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Can’t help thinking this might be on Naylor’s list of “and others…..” when he talks about transfers beyond Cucurella and Nunez

Cant help thinking that Andy Naylor knows **** all but makes a living knowing things, meaning he needs to pretend he got a clue about the clubs transfer business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here