Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daniel James

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How did Potter use James for Swansea?

Potter would generally use him wherever the opponents slowest defender was - left, right or centre - and then set him up to run away from defenders rather than at them, like in United. Obviously harder in the PL than in the Championship, but he is better than what he has shown at United so far.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Potter would generally use him wherever the opponents slowest defender was - left, right or centre - and then set him up to run away from defenders rather than at them, like in United. Obviously harder in the PL than in the Championship, but he is better than what he has shown at United so far.

I just had a little look on YouTube at some of his Swansea highlights and to be fair I can see why United went for him. He definitely can put fear into the opposition once he's at top speed.
I've not seen any hints of Potter looking to bring him in but you never know? It's not the most unrealistic of targets.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I just had a little look on YouTube at some of his Swansea highlights and to be fair I can see why United went for him. He definitely can put fear into the opposition once he's at top speed.
I've not seen any hints of Potter looking to bring him in but you never know? It's not the most unrealistic of targets.

He signed no ÖFK players for Swansea and no Swansea (or former ÖFK players) for Brighton so far so its possible he thinks its not a good idea to bring in his former players, because there are a few you'd imagine would be interesting... like Ghoddos who is about to sign for Brentford.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I actually thought we looked pretty pacey against Chelsea with Lamptey and March both up and down both wings. Watching Mitrovic yesterday was what had me wishing. Shame he's such a hot head.

I thought exactly the same thing yesterday when I saw Mitrovic score the header

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Yeah, he made that header look like bread and butter. Exactly the sort of striker I'm wanting.

To be honest with you Pukki got on the end of one yesterday too! Ok the keeper made a complete rick of it but he still had to get his head on it and get it on target!

Mitrovic would have to have a complete meltdown with Parker to leave before the end of the season but that’s a possibility with him.

I would love us to make a move for Pukki. I don’t think it would upset the balance of the squad at all. I just think he’s a realistic transfer target

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To be honest with you Pukki got on the end of one yesterday too! Ok the keeper made a complete rick of it but he still had to get his head on it and get it on target!

Mitrovic would have to have a complete meltdown with Parker to leave before the end of the season but that’s a possibility with him.

Parker may not be there much longer

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He signed no ÖFK players for Swansea and no Swansea (or former ÖFK players) for Brighton so far so its possible he thinks its not a good idea to bring in his former players, because there are a few you'd imagine would be interesting... like Ghoddos who is about to sign for Brentford.

He only had money to make 2 or 3 transfers at Swansea didn't he? At the same time they had a huge clear out so not sure that it much to go on.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I'm not sure what's worse, the bullshit article or the 1 comment posted by a Leeds fan below it.

Mentioned by Naylor today on Twitter referring to Ornstein article in the Athletic

"United’s recruitment plan has led to speculation over the future of Daniel James, with a host of clubs keen to take the Wales international on loan. James was left out of the United squad for Saturday’s dramatic win at Brighton, who are among the 22-year-old’s admirers. Graham Potter gave James his league debut during their time together at Swansea and would relish a reunion on the south coast. Leeds almost recruited the winger in January 2019 and are interested on this occasion, too, but the expectation is United will decide to keep him at Old Trafford for now and the player is determined to fight for his place".

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Mentioned by Naylor today on Twitter referring to Ornstein article in the Athletic

"United’s recruitment plan has led to speculation over the future of Daniel James, with a host of clubs keen to take the Wales international on loan. James was left out of the United squad for Saturday’s dramatic win at Brighton, who are among the 22-year-old’s admirers. Graham Potter gave James his league debut during their time together at Swansea and would relish a reunion on the south coast. Leeds almost recruited the winger in January 2019 and are interested on this occasion, too, but the expectation is United will decide to keep him at Old Trafford for now and the player is determined to fight for his place".

Hmmm, doesn't Potter have a policy of not talking about other teams players?

2+2=bollocks

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I would definitely be happy to sign him.

But who would he replace? AJ can barely get game time. Trust the club as always. Obviously GP got him playing at a high level at Swansea.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Some players simply can't cut it at a big club. Zaha is a prime example. Bring James to the Amex and watch him flourish just like Zaha did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here