Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daniel Akindayini - signed on a free

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Does he class as the second BPL signing?

I'd suggest he will be classed as an EPL signing, he may turn out to be great but if he is I have to confess with being a little underwhelmed as I was hoping for established and not development squad.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Alireza Jahanbakhsh won't be impressed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
U21 signing according to seagulls.co.uk, so I doubt he is either of the 1 or 2 Barber mentioned.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
In my day, if you signed a 19 year old striker from the big boys he would be capable of being on the fringe of the first team i.e. a regular in the reserves rather than this new set up whereby he languishes in a glorified youth team.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
In my day, if you signed a 19 year old striker from the big boys he would be capable of being on the fringe of the first team i.e. a regular in the reserves rather than this new set up whereby he languishes in a glorified youth team.

by the looks of the goal he scored against Japan under 21's he will easily make the bench

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I'd suggest he will be classed as an EPL signing, he may turn out to be great but if he is I have to confess with being a little underwhelmed as I was hoping for established and not development squad.

Pretty certain this wont count as one of the signings Barber was talking about. Both still to come I think

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
My Spurs supporting friend wasn't too impressed with him when I asked him his opinion -

played up top for Tottenham's u21s. He's a really big guy, definitely an old school physical presence as a forward. He wasn't rated too highly in the Spurs set up though. After Kane went to the first team there weren't many strikers in the Spurs system beside Akindayini but the u21s played a lot with a false 9 and he came on as a sub. He's really young and maybe he'll succeed in the championship but I wouldn't get too excited. Like I said, he couldn't really get into the u21s even with virtually no competition. Spurs do have a good youth system though to be fair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here