Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn's Missing Finger Needs A Song!

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Does anyone remember a night game v Southampton in Div 1 at the goldstone just after Charlie George lost a finger in a mower accident which was all over the papers. 90 mins of ‘where’s you finger, where’s your finger Charlie George? In a flymo, in a flymo etc’, all to the tune of (the much later) build a bonfire.

We won and was a great example of why night games were brilliant in those days!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So Mooy's bald head is fair game but a missing digit makes me a 'weapons grade nimrod', 'c*ntish' etc?

What a pile of duplicitous hypocritical dickheads.

Pathetic.

Having a bald head is not normally the sign of a life changing disfigurement.

A friend of mine is missing a finger due to a firework accident when very young. I've never made joy out of it, however benign.

I think the two are at extremes of insensitivity. I'm not sure where 'duplicitous' comes into it.

The general mature verdict is that it wouldn't be appropriate.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Contender for most ****ish thread of year?

I think that's very harsh. It isn't a very good thread as noted above, but....**** me . . .and people call me rude :lolol:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
So Mooy's bald head is fair game but a missing digit makes me a 'weapons grade nimrod', 'c*ntish' etc?

What a pile of duplicitous hypocritical dickheads.

Pathetic.

I think the thing is, a large percentage of men go bald and it's fairly well excepted, jokes about signs of virility etc.

I'm not sure the same can be said of someone losing a finger!

Why don't you take the piss out of the next serviceman you see who is missing a limb, see if he shares your joke - could be worse, he could be bald too...

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I think that's very harsh. It isn't a very good thread as noted above, but....**** me . . .and people call me rude :lolol:

Thanks HWT for your predictably measured view. I'll take a bit of constructive criticism from you but I'm gobsmacked by this lot. I wonder how their wives feel about being offered up for a ginger midfielder to mate with. That level of mysoginy couldn't possibly have been bought in to by this group of woke saviours. Oh hang on.....

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I think the thing is, a large percentage of men go bald and it's fairly well excepted, jokes about signs of virility etc.

I'm not sure the same can be said of someone losing a finger!

Why don't you take the piss out of the next serviceman you see who is missing a limb, see if he shares your joke - could be worse, he could be bald too...

Now it's funny you should say that, because as part of my job I encounter a large number of amputee veterans. Humour is a great coping mechanism and in my experience with these guys the darker the better.

I could probably have picked my audience a bit better on this occasion instead of the foul mouthed women's institute on here today.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Now it's funny you should say that, because as part of my job I encounter a large number of amputee veterans. Humour is a great coping mechanism and in my experience with these guys the darker the better.

I could probably have picked my audience a bit better on this occasion instead of the foul mouthed women's institute on here today.

I think there is a thing, told to many a comedian and public speaker - know your audience! Which you have already realised you got wrong, although I’m not sure berating you’re audience will get you any further bookings!

If you had asked the question, what happened to Dan Burn’s finger you may have got more measured responses. Instead you wanted to start a song about it, without knowing if it had any detrimental effect on one of our own players.

As has already been shown opposition players are fair game, but not sure you should be bringing attention to our own players disabilities!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here