Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
After being at fault for two goals in the last two games before this one, he’s been poor in this match and also lost his head on several occasions. His purple patch is well and truly over.

Maybe it’s Newcastles purple patch that’s over ….the ridiculous bigging up of BDB (I liked him as a player)…is now being balanced out …they’ve lost three in a row, all away….they now have three in a row at home starting with Wolves….now we’ll see how good Ed is…they lose and I think the natives will get restless

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
what clown
6103376a0237bcf3634be7f336cee056.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

They’ve moved on to microphones now :facepalm:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1...upted-Just-Stop-Oil-protester-glued-to-mic-vn

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Just had a look at the "Not 606" forum and came across this post about Allan Saint Maximin:

"Nah, had friends from Cumbria over for the weekend who watch Rugby League rather than football. In the warm up they asked who the fella with the bandages was and what was wrong with him? I had to admit he dresses like that every week and that the manager would be terrified of giving him the captains armband as he'd wear it on his forehead."

Made me chuckle

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Why are the Toon so desperate to delve into our clubs riches with more guff like this :tosser:

The answer, of course, is that with Burn and Ashworth relocating to Newcastle, it’s too much to ask for the media not to report unsubstantiated BS about that lot after our players. Expect a lot more of where that came from (someone’s ass) until the 31st August.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
The answer, of course, is that with Burn and Ashworth relocating to Newcastle, it’s too much to ask for the media not to report unsubstantiated BS about that lot after our players. Expect a lot more of where that came from (someone’s ass) until the 31st August.

Trossard linked per daily mail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/20017041.brighton-star-says-listen-offers-summer/

Said he'll listen to offers, but is happy to stay.

Can see either argument: "If he didn't want to move away, why would he listen to offers?" and "If he's happy to stay, he's not exactly agitating for a move as sich a claim would suggest"
Can't see any conflict here. If he's happy here, that's fine, but if somebody comes along and offers to double his wages, of course he's going to listen to them!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/apr/21/eddie-howe-manager-of-the-season-newcastle-dan-burn

Yes Dan, I'm sure it was the genius of Smug Eddie. Who could possibly think of 91 million other reasons for the turnaround at Newcastle?

6 points from 8 league games (0.75ppg) and an ignominious cup exit under Howe, before the mercenaries started to arrive. An average of over 2 points per game from the 14 games afterwards.

He has done a good job there, there can't be any argument about it. Obviously he's spent more money than anyone else but the recruitment has been spot on. They needed players in with the right character and it looks like everyone they've signed has been a success. Trippier and Burn in particular seem to be good eggs and the boy Bruno in midfield is like a prime Richard Carpenter. Brilliant business done in January and that was before they'd poached Dan Ashworth which is the best business they could have done for the longer term improvement of the club.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Having reached the top ten without him, can we now stop the renting of clothes over the price we sold BDB for? We got £13m+ for a now thirty year old centre half when we were 9th in January. As we have now finished 9th, it hasn't cost us any money in loss of earnings from potential finishing position. It made us a £10m profit, minus what we paid Wigan in sell on fees, but plus what we saved on his wages for the second half of the season. Another way of looking at it is that, following very decent service, Dan made us a profit that would buy the next Jakub Moder, two Moises Caicedos or ten Joel Veltmans. Its a small point, but I'm just a bit fed up with people arguing that we sell our players on the cheap and using BDB as an example. He was sold at a fair price and just because it turned out a good deal for all parties, doesn't mean that he should have been worth twice as much.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here