Crawley
Lovely message from Burn on the official site

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Lovely message from Burn on the official site

And people think he has gone to Newcastle just for the money:

“Burn said: "I'm buzzing to be here. I never thought I'd be in this position so to be a Newcastle player and to be around St. James' Park, it's something I've dreamt of since I was a kid.
"I can't wait to step out in the shirt and to see what it feels like. From sitting in the East Stand as a kid to now, it's crazy. I'm excited to get started."

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Good luck BDB. Proved lots of us wrong including me and won just as big a place as yourself in our hearts.

Come back and see us one day.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Ex Brighton player now now equals Dan Who?

Definitely a heart over head decision from him though, ironically if he keeps them up then may hardly kick another ball for them for the last 2 years of his contract.

Amexarmadillo

Dec 22, 2021

“Burn said: "I'm buzzing to be here. I never thought I'd be in this position so to be a Newcastle player and to be around St. James' Park, it's something I've dreamt of since I was a kid.
"I can't wait to step out in the shirt and to see what it feels like. From sitting in the East Stand as a kid to now, it's crazy. I'm excited to get started."

Worrying parallels with the Duffy to Celtic move. Eek.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Newcastle have to accommodate 4 new players into a team, with no FA Cup. They don’t have enough points on the board to slip up much if at all. There are absolutely no guarantees. However that goalkeeping howler at Leeds will save them, that was a massive 3 points unfortunately.

Five actually, Trippier, Wood, Burn, Targett, Guimares. I'm quite surprised they haven't shipped anybody out, thats going to be a big squad of players on the sidelines

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Doesn't leave as an Albion Legend of course but does leave at the crest of the wave, which is nice. On great form, well respected by the fans and colleagues, a decent profit for us (and Wigan) and some good personal highlights (Man City for me). And going "home" to his boyhood club. Seems a nice guy so I'm pleased for him. I don't feel that strongly about Newcastle going down but I would like to see him play well for them.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Worrying parallels with the Duffy to Celtic move. Eek.

Good point but not our problem anymore unlike Duffy’s Celtic nightmare.

He’ll have Richarlison & Calvert-Lewin to deal with next Tuesday and then Ings/Coutinho/Watkins the following Sunday. We’ll soon find out.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ex Brighton player now now equals Dan Who?

Definitely a heart over head decision from him though, ironically if he keeps them up then may hardly kick another ball for them for the last 2 years of his contract.

If Webster, Dunk and Duffy hadn’t all been injured this season, the same would have happened here. That’s football. Newcastle will spend if they stay up, but he’ll likely still be fourth choice or so like he’s been here, also cover at LB. Newcastle have a lot of positions to buy for, if they have Burn backup CB won’t be one of them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I don’t think anyone feels he’s gone to Newcastle JUST for the money.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I don’t think anyone feels he’s gone to Newcastle JUST for the money.

Of course not, it wont just be the pull of playing for your boyhood club either, as strong as an attraction that must be.

Both he and his Mrs are from the area and he mentioned both their parents still live there. So possibly with both sets of parents at or pushing retirement age, other family members etc and BDB and his Mrs having kids, who wouldnt want to be close to their families and for the kids to be close to their grandparents and extended family.

Mums, dads, aunts, uncles and kids coming to watch you at the local club you supported. Being close by for family get togethers and birthdays etc. Having ageing mums and dads close by.

Who wouldn't.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm really pleased for him. Given an extended opportunity to prove himself this season, he grabbed it with both hands. Turns out that all the hard work he put in was a winning lottery ticket to a big pay rise, a signing on fee, a return to his roots and his family ties and a chance to play for the club he supported as a kid and probably still does. He'll be forever grateful to Albion and yes, he is a legend. His journey to being the tallest wing back in the world and joining Newcastle is the stuff of dreams, almost worth a short movie!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm really pleased for him. Given an extended opportunity to prove himself this season, he grabbed it with both hands. Turns out that all the hard work he put in was a winning lottery ticket to a big pay rise, a signing on fee, a return to his roots and his family ties and a chance to play for the club he supported as a kid and probably still does. He'll be forever grateful to Albion and yes, he is a legend. His journey to being the tallest wing back in the world and joining Newcastle is the stuff of dreams, almost worth a short movie!
Good role for Danny Devito?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Of course not, it wont just be the pull of playing for your boyhood club either, as strong as an attraction that must be.

Both he and his Mrs are from the area and he mentioned both their parents still live there. So possibly with both sets of parents at or pushing retirement age, other family members etc and BDB and his Mrs having kids, who wouldnt want to be close to their families and for the kids to be close to their grandparents and extended family.

Mums, dads, aunts, uncles and kids coming to watch you at the local club you supported. Being close by for family get togethers and birthdays etc. Having ageing mums and dads close by.

Who wouldn't.

Aye spot on….although they were very happy here and had made lots of friends, what you’ve said kind of tips the scales

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Agreed. He's a great example of where hard work, a positive attitude and being a good team-mate can get you. I'm sorry he's gone but if anyone deserves the sort of move he's got, with all the positives for his family, it's someone like him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here