Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Ashworth

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Mr Bloom wanted to sack Hughton after the Cardiff game.
So there was some procrastination, on his part.

As said elsewhere, the 'rot' had well and truly set in long before Ashworth arrived.
If this decision was a power play, coup d'état, fait accompli, whatever fancy phrase you like, Mr Hughton made the decision very very easy by seemingly doing nothing to stop the inevitable.

All I said was you cannot say he had no impact. :wink:

It may not be significant, may have tipped the balance, he may have actually tried to persuade Bloom not to do it, but one thing is for sure, he would have had some involvement, it's his remit afterall.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
The guy seems to know what he is doing when identifying good coaches.

He also appointed Aidy Boothroyd as manager of the u21's who went on to win the Toulon tournament and has a 72.4% win record with them. Given we want to bring in Englands best young talent I'm a little perplexed that Boothy's not been linked at some point.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He also appointed Aidy Boothroyd as manager of the u21's who went on to win the Toulon tournament and has a 72.4% win record with them. Given we want to bring in Englands best young talent I'm a little perplexed that Boothy's not been linked at some point.

Probably because he has been tried at this level and he was shithouse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably because he has been tried at this level and he was shithouse.

That would save a few posters a little bit of time, granted not a lot, but a saving none the less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here