Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Ashworth and youth team policy

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Certainly did in at least some matches.

Anyway, if not him, another of our U23 defenders can step up. We have greater priorities than buying back-up full backs.

I think there are as well, as per my first post (Forward and Gross cover), but I would be looking at getting cover for Montoya (perhaps Smith from Huddersfield).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that in terms of progression we need to release Button and or Steele and use Walton and Sanchez as the back up keepers. We need a back up/competition for Montoya and possibly Bong who may go.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
c) we put him on the bench as backup to Ryan and he becomes our "cup keeper"

Just an idea!

"It takes a certain type of 'keeper to want to sit on the bench week in, week out. He clearly wants to playing, and as he's a fine young player, that's what we are allowing him to do.........." rather scuppers that idea even before it has time to draw breath.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I think you answered your own question.
It takes a certain type of 'keeper to want to sit on the bench week in, week out. He clearly wants to playing, and as he's a fine young player, that's what we are allowing him to do until either

a) we sell Ryan and take the plunge with him
b) we sell him for a handsome fee to a Championship club

What size of handsome fee would you expect to get for a keeper that sits on Wigan’s bench?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here